VFR Captain 5/2
Era Helicopters LLC •
Lake Jackson, Texas, USA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operates their assigned aircraft in a safe and efficient manner, in strict compliance with Era Operational standards and all applicable regulations;
• Places safety and customer service at the forefront in everything they do, both inside and outside the aircraft;
• Maintains situational awareness throughout the entire operational region with respect to weather conditions, NOTAMs, sea state and customer offshore facility status;
• Manages passenger movements, aircraft movements, briefings and baggage loading to ensure safety and compliance;
• Completes necessary flight planning paperwork, preflight, fueling and oversight of manifesting to ensure compliance;
• Maintains with accuracy both electronic and paper records to include journey logs, personal flight and duty sheets, and aircraft technical logbook times;
• Reports all aircraft mechanical irregularities by entering them in the aircraft paper and electronic technical log and ensures aircraft is airworthy before, during and after all flights;
• Facilitates communications with the customer and ensures Era is represented in a professional manner;
• Primarily works in the GOM offshore region, but remains available for dispatch to Alaska or other domestic or International assignments in accordance with business needs;
• Stays up to date on all Era operational and safety procedures; and
• Complies with other duties and assignments as determined by the Lead Pilot/ GOM Operations Manager / Chief Pilot or Director of Operations.
• Applicants applying for this position are required to meet the minimum requirements as outlined by (14 CFR 135.243);
• Each applicant will be required to complete the position’s screening questionnaire to determine eligibility for consideration;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required;
• Must be organized and be able to work with a large and varied workload;
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills to work effectively within a team;
• 1st class medical required;
• 1 Year in the Offshore Oil and Gas environment preferred;
• ATP Preferred;
• 2,000 hours total time preferred including the following:
• 25 hours in AS350 preferred;
• 100 hours offshore flight time preferred;
• 1,000 hours PIC time preferred;
This position offers a 5&2 Bonus of 45% of Salary upon completion of training requirements.
Our compensation structure is designed to make Era an attractive employer and very competitive within the industry. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes an employer sponsored 401K plan and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabilities
Job Ident #:
Era Helicopters LLC
P. O. Box 6550
Lake Charles, Louisiana 70607 USA
Era Helicopters is a global Helicopter Company and Repair Station with operational headquarters in Lake Charles, Louisiana and Anchorage, Alaska. The company fleet consists of 150+ Helicopters operating in the Gulf of Mexico, Alaska, and International…
Era offers a full comprehensive benefits package which includes an employer sponsored 401 k plan and employee stock purchase plan. In addition to our competitive pay structure, we offer an annual increase on your anniversary date and performance bonus incentives at the year-end.
Eurocopter, AgustaWestland, Sikorsky
Eurocopter EC135, AS350, EC225 / Agusta A-109, A-119, AW139/ Bell 212, 412 / Sikorsky S-76, S-92.