Chesapeake Bay Helicopters •
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
Chesapeake Bay Helicopters, Inc. (CBH), started in 1998, is a commercial helicopter operator operating under Parts 91, 133, 135 and 137. CBH aircraft perform a multitude of services specializing in Pipeline and Powerline patrol. At CBH our employees can expect excellent support from management and a safe working environment in all phases of our operation. CBH operates a well maintained and supported fleet of Robinson R-44, Bell 206 and MD-500 aircraft.
We are looking for a Chief Pilot to be an integral part of our company.
- Responsible for all part 133 and part 135 operations, SOPs and documents
- Conduct initial and recurrent training
- Assist Project Manager with project and customer coordination
- PIC of comprehensive aerial utility patrols (pipeline and powerline) in a wire environment
- Conducts both basic patrols and patrols involving advanced data gathering and analyzing capabilities
- Work with Data Collection Specialist daily to make proper maps, notifications and other mission planning
- Conduct daily safety check reports and daily paperwork for MX or customer.
- Requires the ability and/or willingness to work 21 days on and 21 days off
- This position requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and significant overnight travel within the United States. Some work will be in the ADIZ and FRZ.
- Must have experience operating in a part 133 and 135 environment
- Minimum of 1500 hours flight time, 500 hours flight time in the wire environment, 100 hours in helicopter type (MD/Hughes 500 and Bell 206)
- FAA Commercial Helicopter Pilot Certificate and Second Class Medical
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor
- Valid state driver’s license
- Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident or have appropriate Visa.
- Turbine transitions a plus
Must be able to work both independently and as a member of a team to provide the highest level of safety.
Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
Positive, upbeat personality and a willingness to work within the guidelines of the company.
Follow direction and work harmoniously in a highly-paced, structured environment.
Have experience in Class B, Class C, Class D. Some work will be in the ADIZ and FRZ.
Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
Ability to adapt to new requirements, including learning new applications and/or helicopter systems.
Significant overnight travel required.
Job Ident #:
Chesapeake Bay Helicopters
5202 West Military Highway
Chesapeake, Virginia 23322 USA
Chesapeake Bay Helicopters, Inc. (CBH), started in 1998, is a commercial helicopter operator operating under Parts 91, 133, 135 and 137. CBH aircraft perform a multitude of services specializing in Pipeline and Powerline patrol. At CBH our employees can…
CBH offers the following employee benefits:
Paid personal time off.
Travel perks (hotel, airline, rental car) are retained by employees.
Bell, MD, Robinson
206B, MD-500, R-44