Maintenance Test Pilot (UH-60/OH-58) BSR1902317
UNITED STATES-MARYLAND-PATUXENT RIVER
Security Clearance: Secret
The Maintenance Test Pilot performs flight readiness inspections, and complete maintenance forms and aircraft logbooks. Flight tests the applicable aircraft to determine that the airframe, powerplant, accessories and items of equipage are functioning in accordance with predetermined requirements.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- May be required to perform the duties of Senior Safety Representative for the on-site PAX River Safety Committee.
- Performs maintenance operational checks of aircraft on the ground through engine run-up, aircraft taxiing or use of auxiliary power testing equipment, to assure that aircraft systems or components disturbed during an inspection or maintenance action have been repaired, reassembled or adjusted satisfactorily.
- Performs general maintenance operational test flights to prove the airworthiness of the complete aircraft.
- Completion of test flight check sheets in accordance with the applicable organizational maintenance manual.
- Performs limited test flights when it is necessary to prove proper functioning of specific components or systems.
- After each test flight, performs a thorough visual inspection to the extent necessary to assure that deficiencies developed as a result of the test flight are detected.
- Enters appropriate data on aircraft log books to indicate faults/shortcomings.
- Performs FCF’s IAW the procedures contained in the appropriate Flight Manuals and OPNAVINST 3710
- Releases aircraft safe for flight as applicable.
- Perform other job related duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must possess complete knowledge of applicable aircraft and systems to be flown.
- Has the ability to interpret and use all applicable technical data for the aircraft.
- Must meet all qualifications and A-8 currency requirements set forth on NAVAIR Instruction 3710.1G.
- Ability to interact effectively with personnel at all organizational levels.
- Understand technical language terms in associated field.
- Possess a valid US State driver’s license.
- Ability to read and interpret data is required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance.
Experience & Education
- Must be proficient in flying operations of the UH-60, OH-58 or TH-67 and other aircraft as may be required an approved by the COR and GFR.
- Must be a graduate of the army maintenance test pilot course or complete an equivalency conducted by the DES.
- Must meet the experience requirements of AFR55-22 pertaining to each aircraft prior to acting in the capacity of pilot-in-command on maintenance test flights.
- Must hold FAA Commercial Pilot license
- If not a graduate of a military Test Pilot School (TPS), the pilot must not have less than 1,000 hours first pilot-time
- Military flight and applicable training courses is required
- High school degree or equivalent required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to pass Navy Swim Qualification Requirements.
- Shall maintain a current (annual) FAA Class II Medical Certificate or an Army Class II FDME.
- Ability to work under pressure and continuously meet deadlines.
- Works in a normal office in a hanger environment.
Aviation / Support (Full-time)
Jun 10, 2019, 8:10:58 AM