CH-47 Helicopter Avionics/Electrician
Unical Aviation, Inc •
San Bernardino, California, USA
CH-47 Helicopter Avionics/ Electrician Mechanic Performs full range of helicopter aircraft avionics and electrician maintenance functions, modifications and operational checks on all aircraft systems of moderate difficulty.
• Remove and Reinstall aircraft Subsystem assemblies and components such as all Avionics and control boxes for all electrical flight control, communication and navigation systems.
• Safely prepare aircraft for inspections and maintenance checks and services.
• Perform scheduled inspections and assist in performing special inspections.
• Perform operational checks and diagnoses and troubleshooting of aircraft systems using special tools and test equipment to perform functional and continuity test of electrical and electronic systems
• Use and perform operator maintenance and special tools and aircraft ground support equipment.
• Apply comprehensive technical avionic/electrician expertise to solve complex to moderate problems by interpreting technical documentation such as aircraft technical manuals, test manuals to include maintenance information and other technical guidance provided.
• Interprets test results to diagnose malfunctions, and adjusts, repairs, or replaces defective parts.
• Inspect and repair aircraft wiring.
• Inspect test and repair aircraft’s full pitot system and components.
• Apply technical knowledge of power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and required expertise in restoring equipment to operating condition and operation.
• Participate in maintenance test flight and operation checks as required by 1-1500-328-23 TM.
• Install electrical and electronic parts, assemblies, systems, and equipment in aircraft, according to Technical manuals, wiring diagrams, and other specifications, using hand tools and power tools.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Completion of high School or equivalent.
• U.S. Military Technical School or specialized training course is desired.
• Three (3) or More years of CH-47 aviation avionics and Electrician experience within the past (6) Years.
• Experience in Avionics modifications and repair of CH-47 helicopter systems and their associated components.
• Valid FAA Airframe & Power Plant (A&P) License or Avionics Certificate
• U.S. person or lawful permanent resident (green card holder) preferred due to ITAR regulations.
• Through knowledge of aircraft avionics and electrical component trouble shooting and replacement of parts procedures.
• Broad knowledge of aircraft wiring repair and system modifications and upgrades.
• Thorough knowledge of electrical theory, unique test equipment and tools.
• Working knowledge of government and commercial tech data.
• Able to prioritize workloads to maintain maintenance schedules on assigned projects schedule for aircraft.
• Will be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records.
• Must be able to walk and stand on level or inclined surfaces for extended periods of time throughout the day.
• Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders and work stands.
• Must be ab le to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows and knees and reach above and below shoulders.
• May be required to lift/push/pull heavy objects whose weight may exceed 50 pounds.
• Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications.
• Will be required to handle parts that are dirty or soiled.
• Must be able to pass a Respirator Physical and Fit Test Qualification.
• May be required to operate power tools, hand tools, ground support equipment fork lift and vehicles, etc.
• May work in maintenance shop or outside in extreme hot or cold weather.
• Must be able to work in a shop environment that is drafty, noisy and in some cases dirty.
• May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
• May be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving or mechanical parts on aircraft.
May be required.
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Unical Aviation, Inc. and all its’ affiliate companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
May be required.
Job Ident #:
Unical Aviation, Inc
680 S. Lemon Ave
City of Industry, California 91789 USA
We are always looking for experienced personnel to join the Unical Team.
Unical Aviation has developed a strong reputation that it is recognized as a global aviation icon having “solutions that makes sense”.
Unical’s foundation was built…
Unical recognizes that benefits are an important and valuable component of your overall compensation package. At Unical we provide you with a comprehensive and affordable benefits package for you and your family. Not only are we concerned with your health and well- being, we also offer work life balance benefits to meet your needs. Please take a look at the list below to see a sample of our benefits.
Medical-Dental-Vision-Life & AD&D Insurance-401(k) Retirement Plan-Flexible Spending Plans-Employee Assistance Programs-LifeCare Support Services-PTO (Paid Time Off)