Unical Aviation, Inc •
City Of Industry, California, USA
The Aircraft Mechanic will be responsible for the maintenance, preventative maintenance and disassembly of commercial and rotary wing aircraft manufactured by Boeing, McDonnell Douglas, Airbus, Bombardier and Sikorsky aircrafts. This position will assist with aircraft storage, inspection and maintenance as well as disassembly of an aircraft from top to bottom, removing aircraft components that we are able to collect, inspect, repair, overhaul and sell.
• Disassemble and remove commercial aircraft components in accordance with company, FAA and other regulatory agencies policies and procedures
• Will be cross utilized to perform maintenance and preventative maintenance under the 145 Repair Station for both Rotary Wing and Fixed Wing aircrafts.
• Maintain the airworthiness of the aircraft and all of its components while in service or while undergoing overhaul or modifications
• Ensure maintenance activities are performed correctly
• Operate a variety of tools in the process of assembling, disassembling, repairing and installing aircraft parts
• Perform routine maintenance on both Rotary Wing and Fixed Wing aircrafts
• Responsible for servicing, inspecting and maintaining the aircraft, aircraft engines and associated components.
• Must effectively perform work to meet deadlines and performance goals
• Troubleshoot systems; disassembles, repairs and re-assembles sections and components to maintain full functioning equipment according to technical data provided by the customer
• May be cross utilized to disassemble and inspect parts for wear, cracks, or other defects.
• Read, interpret, and comply with all aircraft manuals, primarily the Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMM) and the Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC)
• Properly tag parts to identify description, part number, serial number, and the aircraft that it was removed from
• Drain fluids and cap those components that are needed to prevent leakage and/or damage
• Handle all components with the utmost care prior to sending out for repair
• Must have access to your own hand tools; specialty tools will be provided by the company
• Properly use and operate support equipment in performance of assigned duties such as
ladders, jacks, lifts, calibrated tooling, etc.
• Properly utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, safety shields, and safety harnesses to ensure safety at all times
• Other duties as assigned
• 2 years disassembly experience required; heavy maintenance or military experience may be considered as well
• Ideal candidate will have a combination of experience to repair engines and general mechanical maintenance of moderate difficulty required to meet the assigned customer order.
• Must supply you own hand tools
• Must be able to successfully pass FAA approved alcohol, drug, and background checks
• Must be able to work comfortably outdoors, in high/low temperatures, and high noise-level environments
• U.S. person or lawful permanent resident (green card holder) preferred due to ITAR regulations.
• A&P Licensed Mechanic is preferred
• Commercial aircraft, heavy structures, CH-47 or UH-60 experience preferred
• Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing English
Must be able to walk and stand on level or inclined surfaces for extended periods of time throughout the day.
Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders and work stands.
Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows and knees and reach above and below shoulders.
Ability to lift/carry/push/pull heavy objects up to 50 pounds
The environmental characteristic for this position is an aircraft hangar, warehouse setting and outdoors. Candidates should be able to adapt to environments listed. There may be momentary exposure to high noises, exposure to chemicals and cleaning agents, and Personal Protection Equipment may be required for certain tasks. This position must be able to work comfortably outdoors and may be exposed to heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions
Travel: May be required with notice
Language: Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Job Ident #:
Unical Aviation, Inc
680 S. Lemon Ave
City of Industry, California 91789 USA
We are always looking for experienced personnel to join the Unical Team.
Unical Aviation has developed a strong reputation that it is recognized as a global aviation icon having “solutions that makes sense”.
Unical’s foundation was built…
Unical recognizes that benefits are an important and valuable component of your overall compensation package. At Unical we provide you with a comprehensive and affordable benefits package for you and your family. Not only are we concerned with your health and well- being, we also offer work life balance benefits to meet your needs. Please take a look at the list below to see a sample of our benefits.
Medical-Dental-Vision-Life & AD&D Insurance-401(k) Retirement Plan-Flexible Spending Plans-Employee Assistance Programs-LifeCare Support Services-PTO (Paid Time Off)