British International Helicopters has an exciting opportunity for a Chief Pilot to join our team of professionals at our Newquay Base.
The position of Chief Pilot reports to the Director of Operations and is based at the company’s Newquay Cornwall Airport base. The primary function is to oversee the MoD and SAR operations serving our customers both in UK and overseas. Additionally, you will need to conduct line flying out of company bases as required. This oversight will involve coordination amongst several parties and will involve visits to any company operation, any simulator location and to other locations as required by the company.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- The oversight, including initial set-up, of all MOD or SAR operations as required;
- Assisting with operational input to commercial proposals as required;
- The safe and efficient operation of all operation/base aircraft;
- The provision of flight crew resources to meet commercial objectives;
- The maintenance of technical discipline of flight crew and operations staff;
- Maintenance of good customer relations;
- Assessing, monitoring and controlling the operational standards of base flight operations;
- Proposing amendments to the Company Operations Manual;
- The provision to Director of Operations of operational, administrative and budget data for base operations as required;
- Ensuring that, suitably qualified and briefed Managing Pilots are appointed to undertake the day-to-day management of the base;
- Be available to deputise for the Director of Operations during periods of absence, sickness or out-of-hours availability;
- EASA ATPL(H) with IR(H)
- 2500 flying hours rotary experience
- Previous Command experience
- AW139 flying experience
- Previous management experience
- Previous experience with military flying and/or SAR operations
The successful candidate will be required to adhere to company policies and procedures. You will undertake training courses and testing as required by the company at whichever location is necessary.
The position is normally a weekday working routine but there will be occasional requirements to work weekends when necessary, but all work will be in compliance with the Company’s Flight Time Limitations Scheme.
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to Lynn Goodwin at Lynn Goodwin at Aviation.Recruitment@patriot.uk.com