Aircrew Operator Instructor
Location: Stevenage, United Kingdom
Salary: £42,000 to £48,000 + benefits
Working within a world leading, technical engineering organisation, we currently have an exciting opportunity for an Aircrew Operator Instructor who will deliver operator focussed training to end users and act as an internal consultant to the wider Field Support and Training (FST) Team, providing ‘Operator’ perspective and insight. You will have specialist skills and knowledge with military operational experience from a system Operator perspective, covering Air (Fast Jet or Rotary), Naval and/or Land Domain(s).
Aircrew Operator Instructor activities
- To ensure that weapon systems training delivered, is relevant, appropriate and focussed on customer needs by providing operator focussed advice on training course content and level of detail.
- Providing ‘Operator Focussed’ advice during the development of training media for course design and delivery i.e. defining the functionality and fidelity of weapon system simulation models and emulators for training delivery.
- Providing standardisation advice across Air, Land & Sea based weapon system projects to harmonise approaches in development and delivery of ‘Operator Centric’ training wherever possible.
- Encouraging a consistent approach surrounding ‘Operator Centric’ activities between all parties involved in Training and Support Activities.
- Identifying future opportunities through maintaining an understanding of the breadth of activities and functions within Defence Training.
- Encourage better End User liaison through attendance at key military joint training events / community of interests and actively support the delivery of training packages to fit end user operator needs.
- Supporting future weapon system design activity through the provision of end-user perspectives in weapon system concept phases.
Aircrew Operator Instructor skills and qualifications required:
- A Defence Instructor qualification with ‘Operator’ focus (QWI, QFI, QHI) able to deliver, or support delivery, of Training and Field Support to the highest quality, on time and on cost is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to generate links across functional boundaries (engineering design, platform integration, simulation, modelling, Logistics) are essential to deliver the best use of ex-military operator experience across the business in support of wider business needs.
- The ability to influence system design from early phases of the life cycle by clearly articulating complex operator insight issues into technical requirements is essential, enabling weapon system designers to clearly understand design requirements.
- Experience of development and delivery of training courses compliant with the UK MoD Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) with experience training delivery using a training simulation device is desirable.
- The ability to mentor other, more junior staff, as appropriate with a sound knowledge of the customer environment structure and processes.
- Willingness to travel occasionally within the UK and overseas, including the Middle East.
This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a challenging and rewarding position within a world class engineering environment where you will have the opportunity to influence and impact the successful delivery of information, central to business success.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.