Aviation Quality Control Inspector
Unical Aviation, Inc •
City of Industry, California, USA
The Aviation Quality Control Inspector uses various inspection and testing method to verify large/mid-size aircraft and helicopter landing gear and their components conform to the manufacturer’s specifications including condition, operational limits and Company’s Quality Management System. Responsible for ensuring company compliance with quality procedures, customer requirements, federal and other government agency regulations. This position will primarily be in the Landing Gear Department.
- Perform in-depth quality verification using various inspection methods to determine airworthiness of a product.
- Analyze engineering publications, shop travelers, FAA and manufacturer’s technical data to determine nature and extent of inspection requirements.
- Determines most practical inspection method and technique and plans appropriate sequence of operation.
- Selects and uses the appropriate precision measuring tools to dimensionally inspect and determine part tolerance and clearances including but not limited to micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, test and drop indicators, surface plates, feelers gauges, and torque wrenches.
- Review article trace documentation to accurately identify suspect unapproved parts.
- Locate and accurately interpret technical data.
- Locate and accurately interpret blueprints and aircraft drawings.
- Ability to identify discrepancies on landing gears and their accessories.
- Keeps accurate, neat and legible records of the maintenance performed.
- Conducts audits of maintenance documentation for accuracy and completion prior to approval for return to service.
- Conduct in-process inspections on maintenance being performed.
- Use company forms to document discrepancies and communicate findings to mechanics and department leads.
- Data entry of inspection findings and other maintenance performed into Electronic Reporting Program.
- Perform final inspection using appropriate technical data to verify proper article configuration and operation.
- Perform First Article Inspections and communicate findings in verbal and written format.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager/Chief Inspector.
- Mentors technicians on effective documentation.
- Communicates with management and Planning department as required to identify work assignments and delivery schedules.
- Continually monitors repair station compliance with 14 CFR 145 and the FAA accepted Repair Station and Quality Control Manual.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent required.
- Valid & Current FAA Airframe & Powerplant certification preferred.
- Minimum 18 months of practical experience using various inspection methods or techniques.
- Minimum 7 years performing Aviation Maintenance or equivalent experience on large/mid-size aircraft.
- Have prior hands-on landing gear maintenance and inspection experience
- Have extensive knowledge of airworthiness and approval for return to service.
- U.S. person or lawful permanent resident (green card holder) preferred due to ITAR regulations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks.
- Basic Shop Math.
- Basic knowledge regarding concepts, theories and principles of aerodynamics; hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic systems.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to use calibrated tools.
- Ability to use general hand tools.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to maneuver into different positions to accomplish required inspections.
- Ability to reach, bend knees, climb ladders and stairs.
- Momentary exposure to high noises.
- Exposure to chemicals and cleaning agents.
- Personal Protection Equipment may be required for certain tasks.
Approximately 10% travel time may be required.
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
Unical Aviation, Inc. and all its’ affiliate companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Ident #:
Unical Aviation, Inc
680 S. Lemon Ave
City of Industry, California 91789 USA
We are always looking for experienced personnel to join the Unical Team.
Unical Aviation has developed a strong reputation that it is recognized as a global aviation icon having “solutions that makes sense”.
Unical’s foundation was built…
Unical recognizes that benefits are an important and valuable component of your overall compensation package. At Unical we provide you with a comprehensive and affordable benefits package for you and your family. Not only are we concerned with your health and well- being, we also offer work life balance benefits to meet your needs. Please take a look at the list below to see a sample of our benefits.
Medical-Dental-Vision-Life & AD&D Insurance-401(k) Retirement Plan-Flexible Spending Plans-Employee Assistance Programs-LifeCare Support Services-PTO (Paid Time Off)