UH-60/S-70 Repair Support Engineer
Unical Aviation, Inc •
City of Industry, California, USA
As a global performance-based service company, Unical gives you limitless opportunities to expand your horizons, challenge your limits, and build the flourishing career you’ve always wanted. Find out exactly what you’re capable of at Unical Aviation.
Unical 145 Inc. is seeking a suitable, qualified UH-60/S-70 engineer to join our organization as a member of our Repair Support Engineering team. The selected individual will be responsible for planning, documenting, designing, developing and implementing procedures and/or processes required to inspect, assemble and test aircraft articles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and develop design solutions, technical drawings, manufacturing processes and design changes specific to UH-60 or S-70 Helicopers
- Prepare detailed reviews and assess the repair station’s capability to complete customer requirements specific to UH-60 or S-70 Helicopers
- Determine, source, procure and design all relevant tooling and equipment required for repair of the aircraft article specific to UH-60 or S-70 Helicopers
- Ability to implement tooling, fixtures, and assembly aids as required
- Review and interpret blueprints and approved tech data (ex. DMWR, CMM, SRM, SOPM, SPM) to plan, evaluate, develop and generate instructions and other process documentation to meet specifications
- Develop and implement process control techniques and procedures to ensure all products meet their relevant specifications
- Confer with vendors to determine product specification and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluate products according to specification and quality standards
- Estimate turnaround times, and relative costs to provide data for management/operational decisions
- Provide engineering support to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems
- Confer with management, engineering, and other staff regarding capabilities, quality issues, scheduling, and other considerations to facilitate repair requirements
- Participate in continuous improvement effort to enhance quality, reliability, and/or cost-effectiveness
- Additional projects as assigned
- Engineering degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) or other related field from an accredited college required
- Master’s degree in engineering a plus
- 3+ years of experience working in Aviation, Aerospace, and development engineering specific to UH-60 or S-70 Helicopers
- Understanding of commercial or military aircraft repair practices and standards applicable to area of specialty a plus
- Experience with SolidWorks, AutoCAD or similar design software and MS Office products preferred
- Proven problem solving skills within a diverse workforce and team environment
- Willingness to perform “hands-on” work in a dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate logical reasoning, decision making, and attention to detail required
- U.S. person or lawful permanent resident (green card holder) preferred due to ITAR regulations.
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing English
Unical Aviation, Inc. and all its’ affiliate companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Ident #:
Unical Aviation, Inc
680 S. Lemon Ave
City of Industry, California 91789 USA
We are always looking for experienced personnel to join the Unical Team.
Unical Aviation has developed a strong reputation that it is recognized as a global aviation icon having “solutions that makes sense”.
Unical’s foundation was built…
Unical recognizes that benefits are an important and valuable component of your overall compensation package. At Unical we provide you with a comprehensive and affordable benefits package for you and your family. Not only are we concerned with your health and well- being, we also offer work life balance benefits to meet your needs. Please take a look at the list below to see a sample of our benefits.
Medical-Dental-Vision-Life & AD&D Insurance-401(k) Retirement Plan-Flexible Spending Plans-Employee Assistance Programs-LifeCare Support Services-PTO (Paid Time Off)