HAA Chief Pilot – Florida Keys
Monroe County Sheriff‘s Office Florida Keys •
Key West, Florida, USA
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office is seeking an experienced full-time Chief Pilot for air ambulance operations that includes inter-facilities, off airport landings, overwater operations and complying with Sheriff’s Office General Order, GOM, and 14 CFR 135, 61, & 91 FARs.
The candidate shall complete an interview, flight check, background investigation, Sheriff’s Office Drug screening and DOT Drug screening, psychological exam and polygraph. FAA and previous employers PRIA records reviews will be conducted.
The successful candidate will serve as the HAA FAR135 certificate Chief Pilot.
This is a non-sworn position. No law enforcement experience is required.
Chief Pilot – Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complying with Sheriff’s Office General Order, GOM, and all applicable FAR requirements.
• Reports directly to the Director of Operations.
• Exercises Operational Control for flight operations as delegated by the Director of Operations.
• Direct supervisor over instructor pilots, check airman and PICs involved in daily flight operations.
• Responsible for the completion of training for the pilots, instructors and check airmen.
• Advises the Director of Operations regarding the training and status of pilots, instructors and check airmen.
• Assists the Director of Operations in formulating operation policies, executes those policies, and ensures pilots follow those policies in daily operations and training.
• Ensures that all aircraft are properly equipped for applicable HAA VFR/IFR operations.
• Chief Pilot must be qualified and maintain proficiency as Pilot-in-Command in the S76C+. Training provided by MCSO and Flight Safety International.
• Schedules pilots for flight operations and training requirements.
• Prepares and maintains proficiency records, pilot files, flight schedules, flight &duty time records, reports, and correspondence pertaining to flight operations activities.
• Submits all reports regarding flight personnel to the Director of Operations.
• Ensures that all flight crew personnel are qualified and supervised according to the requirements specified in the Federal Aviation Regulations.
• Responsible for ensuring all pilots read operations notices and operations memos.
• Makes safety recommendations to Director of Operations and/or the Safety Officer.
• Operates the aircraft according to the policies and procedures in a safe and efficient manner.
• Conducts all flights in a manner that safe completion is never in doubt.
• Ensures the aircraft is ready to be dispatched.
• Conducts best practices in a professional manner at all times.
• 3,000 Total Flight Time
• 1,500 hours Rotorcraft
• 1,000 Pilot in Command Time
• 200 hours night time aided or unaided
• FAA Rotorcraft ATP / Commercial Certificate with Instrument Rating
• Current First / Second Class FAA Medical Certificate
• No FAA Violations/Warnings in the last five years
• 500 hours turbine multiengine helicopter
• 200 hours of cross-country flight time, at least 50 hours of which are at night
• Must weigh and maintain less than 240 lbs.
• 100 hours actual IFR
• Must be willing to relocate to the Florida Keys
• Must have 3 years in the previous 6 years as a pilot in a Part 135 Operation
• Previous Chief Pilot experience preferred
• College degree in Aviation preferred
• HAA and S-76 experience preferred.
• Good moral character.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC
Monroe County Sheriff‘s Office Florida Keys
5525 College Rd
Key West, Florida 33040 USA
Partnering with our community to provide exceptional service and safety in the Florida Keys.
Sikorsky, King Air