AH-64E Instructor Pilot
Huntington Ingalls Industries •
Taipei, T’ai-pei Taiwan, International, International
Huntington Ingalls Industry (HII) is seeking a retired/ former US Army AH-64E Instructor Pilot to provide advice, training, and assistance to Taiwan Army to help them establish effective AH-64E (Apache) related standardization, training, logistics, sustainment, and maintenance programs.
This Security Assistance Training Team is being provided to the Taiwan Army in building a mission-ready AH-64E Attack Helicopter Squadron with appropriate maintenance support and an organic training capability that will allow the Taiwan Army to sustain the force. This training team is being provided as part of a Security Assistance Training Program that directly supports US Foreign Policy and the execution of Department of Defense Security Cooperation Plans and Programs.
We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package and there are no upfront out of pocket expenses for persons hired. All travel and transportation arrangements will be made and paid for by HUNTINGTON INGALLS INDUSTRY (HII). Living expenses are paid by HUNTINGTON INGALLS INDUSTRY (HII) with all employees living in western-style secure accommodations. Work is performed five days per week at a secure facility/base within the host nation.
Note: This is a flying position
- Serves as a TAFT AH-64E Flight Training Advisor
- Conducts training and evaluation of the Taiwan Army Pilots
- Advises the Taiwan Army on AH-64E flight training and serves as mentor
- Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
- Graduate of the US Army Warrant Officer Advanced Course (If no Bachelor’s Degree)
- Must be previously qualified as a US Army AH-64E (Apache) Instructor Pilot (IP)
- Must have a minimum of 1500 total rotary wing flight experience
- Must have a minimum of 300 AH-64D/E Instructor Pilot flight hours
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience working as an Instructor Pilot.
- Prior experience developing military instructional material.
- Must be medically and physically fit to deploy and perform their TAFT duties.
- Must be able to provide a doctor’s certification letter stating medically and emotionally fit for deployment and performance under potentially austere, physically demanding, and stressful working conditions.
- Pilots and flying crew members must meet and maintain FAA medical requirements for flight.
- Must be knowledgeable in the applicable aviation maintenance subject areas, capable of conducting effective training, and present a professional appearance.
- Ability to climb, balance, and work on confined/small elevated helicopter platforms.
- Completion of FAA Class II Medical Evaluation/Physical Exam within the last 12-months.
- Not possess any chronic physical conditions that would prevent performance of duties in a semi-austere, tropical environment with limited access to medical care.
- Ability to present proof of negative HIV test within 90 days of traveling overseas
- Must possess a current US Tourist (Blue) Passport. (Passport must not expire within 12-months of being hired.)
- Must be drug-free with ability to successfully pass a drug screening test.
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check with favorable results.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Previous Security Assistance Team (OCONUS Foreign Military Training) experience.
- Prior experience as a military instructor in the related skill.
- Prior experience working with and training foreign military personnel.
- Prior experience working with foreign military personnel in the region.
Must have an Associate’s Degree
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
HII Mission Driven Innovative Solutions (HII-MDIS), formerly Fulcrum, is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC
Huntington Ingalls Industries
5870 Trinity Parkway, Suite 400
Centreville, Virginia 20120 USA
Fulcrum is a leading technology company based in Centreville, Virginia that provides pivotal solutions and services primarily for federal customers in the defense, intelligence, education and healthcare sectors leveraging Software Engineering and Systems…
Fulcrum offers a complete benefit package designed with our employees’ needs in mind. We strive to take an “employee first” approach in offering benefits that are beneficial to both our employees and their families. Our Medical and Vision insurance are bundled and Dental is a separate insurance. Some of our benefits options include: • Medical and Dental Insurance
• Vision Care
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Term Life Insurance and AD&D
• Optional Insurance Coverage
• Employee Support Services
• Employee Rewards
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Additional Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Employee Training
• 401(k) Plan
• 529 Plan
• Commuter Benefits (SmartBenefits)