[Crawford-Carruthers a recruiting agency. /Admin]
Title : Helicopter pilot
LOCATION : MADAGASCAR
Our client, a collection of bespoke, luxurious safari camps and beach resort, is looking for a full time, Helicopter pilot for their private island sanctuary in Madagascar. The principal aircraft in Madagascar is the R66, the company operates the R44 in Zambia.
Applicants will need to have excellent personal and customer service skills and be able to work well in a remote and challenging team environment. The post is ideally suited for a highly motivated candidate interested in the outdoors, wildlife and has a friendly, attractive disposition and a can-do attitude.
The post will only suit adventurous, highly motivated and driven individuals; simply put, we need qualified self-starters. Create an experience that should meet “beyond expectation” standards, inline with the luxury brand. This is an island resort like no other – it’s new and it’s already amongst the top 3 island resorts in the world – here you will be noticed!
Pilots are aerial guides to the most incredible and remote parts of Northern Madagascar – flying ViP passengers and clientele to/from airports and excursions. When not flying the applicant will be expected to add value to other departments around the island, to include the island school and much more.
The ideal candidate should have high personal standards with a flexible approach and the ability to go ‘above and beyond’ for our VIP clients. A willingness to work long days, weekends and holidays is a must. The candidate will require excellent communication and interpersonal skills. English is essential; French language an advantage.
Roles and Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Any task set by the Head of Department related to the upkeep and maintenance of the aircrafts
- Beyond expectation delivery as a host, pilot and guide
- Administration and documentation upkeep/ submissions
- Be available to do relief and periodic flying in Zambia and South Africa (R44, R66
- and maybe a Bell 505 in due course)
Other matters and comments
- Given that most expenses and accommodation are provided by the company pilots are able to save money and good flying experience and hour build up should be expected. It is expected that with occupancy growth and heli safari offerings that pilots will have the opportunity to build good hours.
- We are willing to consider an experienced pilot, R66 or R44 rated with relatively low turbine hours who can build up turbine hour.
- Couples who may both be pilots will be favourably considered, or where the non-pilot member of the couple has hospitality experience.
- 400 hours total time with minimum 50 hours turbine time
- Class 1 Medical