Head of Flying Operations
Lara VIC 3212
We have a new and unique role for a Head of Flying Operations to play a pivotal role in the establishment and day to day running of our new aerial services team. Reporting to the Strategy, Programs & Change Manager, this business critical role is responsible for the effective management of aviation operations.
The key responsibilities for this role will include the full scope of all aspects of aviation operations, the ability to meet business needs by establishing and sustaining a high performing aviation team that delivers excellent mission outcomes, high availability rates and excellent aviation safety results. You will be a recognised expert in relevant aircraft maintenance and aviation safety topics, capable of maintaining safe and sustainable aircraft operations with safety as the highest priority.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
The Head of Flying Operations must hold at least the following minimum qualifications (air operations involving more than one single engine aircraft):
- Commercial helicopter pilot licence
- Valid first class medical certificate
- 500 hours on the relevant aircraft
- More than 9 months engaged in commercial operations
- Ratings and/or endorsements for relevant operational roles e.g. low flying, sling load etc.
- Air Transport Pilot Licence (H)
- Valid first class Medical Certificate
- Grade 1 Instructor Rating
- Extensive training and checking experience and/or an Instructor Rating and/or a Certificate IV in Workplace Assessment and Training in an aviation environment
- Sound knowledge of the Civil Aviation Act, Civil Aviation Regulations, Civil Aviation Safety Regulations, Civil Aviation Orders and Aeronautical Information Publication
- Sound knowledge of company operations and electricity distribution infrastructure, including the identification and assessment of defects.
Coupled with the above role requirements the successful candidate will have extensive years of experience as a commercial helicopter pilot, including international experience in the powerline environment, air ambulance, aerial firefighting, and human and non-human external load operations.
We are looking for someone to make a real impact in our company and the air operations team. By joining our company of dedicated people you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package, career development opportunities, a supportive working environment and the opportunity to make a real impact in our business.
If you possess the required skills and experience and you are looking for a fantastic permanent opportunity please submit your application by COB Friday 4 October 2019.
OUR VALUES: Live safely, Be Customer and Community Minded, Succeed Together, Be The Best You Can Be, Improve Our Business