MSP CHIEF PILOT
|DEPARTMENT||MSP – Support Services Bureau|
|SALARY||$95,177.00 – $125,590.00/year|
|HR ANALYST||Christina Blake|
|WORK LOCATION||Baltimore County|
LOCATION OF POSITION
3023 Strawberry Point Road
Baltimore, MD 21220
Main Purpose Of Job
Education: Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience in aviation administrative or professional work of which three years must have involved the supervision of other employees, or exercising responsibility for program development in the aviation field.
Completion of 2600 helicopter flight hours as an FAA licensed pilot of which 500 hours are recorded as cross country flight time, 100 hours of night flight time and 75 hours of actual or simulated instrument time of which at least 50 hours were in actual flight.
Completion of 1200 fixed wing flight hours as an FAA licensed pilot of which 500 hours are recorded as cross country flight time, 100 hours of night flight time and 75 hours of actual or simulated instrument time of which at least 50 hours were in actual flight.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. AW 139 Flight Experience
2. AW 139 Maintenance Pilot Experience
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain an FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with Single Engine Land, Multi-Engine Land and Instrument Airplane Rating.
2. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain an FAA Commercial Helicopter Pilot Certificate with Instrument Rating.
3. Employees must possess and maintain an FAA Flight Instructor Certificate with the following ratings: Airplane Single and Multi-Engine Rotorcraft/Helicopter Instrument Airplane and Helicopter
4. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain an FAA 2nd Class Medical Certificate.
5. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Candidates for positions in this classification will be subject to an initial drug screening and a complete criminal background investigation, to include a polygraph examination, by the Maryland State Police before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction record may be grounds for rejection of the applicant.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in on a 24 hour basis, and therefore, will be required to provide the employer with a phone number where they can be reached. Working weekends and holidays is required. Employee also subject to emergency call out. This is an Emergency Essential Employee.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing, in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulation 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
4. Employees in this classification are subject to other FAA applicable drug testing requirements.
5. Employees in this classification are required to sign an Obligation Service Agreement as a condition of employment.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of this position.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
ATTN: Mr. Jay Diggs
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Source: State of Maryland