Qualified Aircrewman Instructor
Boeing Company •
Nowra, New South Wales, Australia
Location:NowraCategory:Trade / OperationsPosition Type:PermanentJob Reference:BOE/1437673E
1437673 AC.RE.A28Lvl3AircraftLoadmaster.pdf (PDF, 224KB)
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nations most important programs for the Australian Defence Force.
Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
We currently employ more than 2,500 people across 14 sites in Australia and three international locations and have a range of opportunities available as we plan for future growth.
BDAs Helicopter Aircrew Training System (HATS) Program is responsible for the development and support of the Royal Australian Navy and Army Joint Helicopter School, featuring brand new aircraft and a suite of synthetic training devices.
We are now recruiting for a Qualified Aircrewman Instructor (QAI) to help us deliver this premier Australian Defence Force training capability.
Based on the NSW South Coast, this role is located in Nowra. Located on the banks of the Shoalhaven River, Nowra is a major centre of the Shoalhaven region known unique character with a spectacular natural environment, growing population and bustling economy. On the doorstep of the pristine waters of Jervis Bay the Shoalhavens beautiful natural environment plays a central role in the quality of life of the local community.
The QAI will support BDA flying operations at Naval Air Station (NAS) Nowra by providing flying and ground instruction of ab initio trainees in accordance with appropriate Training Management Plans whilst providing sound mentorship and coaching other Aircrewman.
- The promotion of a safe and professional work environment
- Conduct all operations and deliver all training in accordance with the requirements of the HATS contract, Standing Instructions Naval Aviation (SI (NA)) and Squadron based guidance and instructions
- Ensure personal competencies, qualifications and medical status is maintained at all times
- Identify and assist trainees who are experiencing difficulties in the training environment
- Maintain courseware and associated documentation in association with the Training Management Plan
- Ensure all stakeholders are at all times, aware of emerging or potential issues relating to the training program
- Engage effectively with program customer representatives and teams
- Perform work of a similar nature in other areas of the Company as operational needs dictate
- Conduct duties whilst ensuring the Boeing Behaviours and Core Values are upheld and promoted
- Hold (or have held) an ADF Rotary Wing Category C QAI Rating or higher
- Total experience of 750 flying hours as a Aircrewman, including at least 200 hours of instructional experience
- Hold (or have held) a Night Vision Device (NVD) qualification
- Must meet the requirements for and maintain a current Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) Class One medical certificate
- Hold (or have held) the ability to obtain and maintain a Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) and Emergency Breathing System (EBS) currency
- Ability to obtain and hold ‘Provide First Aid
- Flexibility to work reasonable ad-hoc hours – night flying, out of hours work
- Have a current qualification/endorsement on EC135 helicopter (desirable)
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
How to apply
View the full Position Description and apply now.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC
100 North Riverside
Chicago, Illinois 60606 USA
Boeing is the world’s leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft combined. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense systems, missiles, satellites…