$53,913.00 – $81,996.00 Annually
Cumberland County, PA
Non-Civil Service Permanent Full-time
Pennsylvania State Police
5/21/2020 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- THE POSITION
- The Pennsylvania State Police is seeking a skilled and motivated Helicopter Mechanic.
Are you an experienced and knowledgeable Helicopter Mechanic who takes pride in your work? If so, apply today!
Monday thru Friday
7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Lunch Period: 30 minutes
This position is subject to a criminal history and background check.
- DESCRIPTION OF WORK
- As a Helicopter Mechanic for the Pennsylvania State Police, Tactical Operations Division, you will provide mechanical support within the Aviation Maintenance Unit to ensure its operations are conducted safely, efficiently, and effectively. Duties include:
• Perform a wide variety of repairs to aircraft. May include sheet metal, fiberglass, paint, bonding, or parts replacement. Parts replacement may include any component of the aircraft, engine or accessories.
• Perform inspections of aircraft involving disassembly as required to allow access to various components. Visually inspect components and accessories of aircraft. Service and lubricate aircraft. Adjust flight controls and engine controls to maintain proper performance.
• Prepare and complete required forms involving aircraft maintenance.
• Maintain a parts inventory.
• Maintain shop equipment and facility.
• Trouble shoot problems experienced by pilots regarding aircraft performance.
- REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
- Four years of experience as a rotary-wing aircraft mechanic;
An equivalent combination of experience and training.
• Active Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certification as issued by the Federal Aviation Administration
• Active Inspection Authorization (IA) certification as issued by the Federal Aviation Administration
Preferred Skills (preferred but not required)
3 years of experience with the maintenance, repair, and overhaul of rotary-wing aircraft engines and flight control systems
3 years of experience with performing scheduled inspections of rotary-wing aircraft for compliance with FAA and manufacturer regulations and service bulletins
3 years of experience with supply and inventory control duties
3 years of experience with preparing and maintaining aircraft inspection and maintenance records
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- 613 North StreetHarrisburg, Pennsylvania, 17120