Aircrewman Simulator Instructor
Kratos Defence Australia operates and manages the new Australian Army Helicopter Aircrew Training Simulation Center (HATSC), located at Swartz Barracks, Oakey, QLD. The HATSC will provide academics and simulator training for CH-47F and MRH-90 Aircrewman, Aircrewman Technicians and select Groundcrewman in aerial gunnery, hoist, external load and aircraft marshalling mission sets. There are 3 locations that HATSC supports; AAvnTC & the School of Army Aviation (SAA) at Oakey, Townsville, and Holsworthy (near Sydney). We are now recruiting for a qualified Aircrewman Simulator Instructor to help us deliver this premier Australian Defence Force training capability.
We have 2 positions available at either the 5th AVN REGT, Townsville, QLD or at the 6th AVN REGT, Holsworthy, NSW. The Aircrewman Simulator Instructor will support simulator operations for the HATSC as required. Travel for this role could be up to 10%.
Experience and Skills
The Aircrewman Simulator Instructor provides Classroom and Simulator Aerial Gunnery, Hoist, and External Load Instruction, as well as performing as a Weapon System Subject Matter Expertise for Aircrew Students attending the Australian Helicopter Aircrew Training Simulation Center (HATSC).
- Instructs students on Aircrewman and Aircrewman Technician duties for the CH-47 and/or MRH-90 helicopter in both academic and simulator phases.
- Writes, edits, and updates existing academic course curriculum and performs scheduled academic review sessions as required.
- Capacity to work in small groups or take on a leadership role as required.
- Provide formal and informal feedback/critiques during all phases of operations.
- Captures metrics on student and instructor performance.
- Supervises students during simulator flight operations and ground training.
- Instructs students on CH-47 and MRH-90 weapon systems, hoist, rescue equipment, external load operations limitations, and emergency procedures.
- Demonstrates compliant maneuvers for all required simulator flights.
- Ensures each mission is conducted safely and efficiently by managing crew resources.
- Records each student’s progress in the student’s grade book.
Security Clearance for Australian Defence Force as required – 5 Years as a qualified Australian Army CH-47 and/or MRH-90 Aircrewman or Aircrewman Technician. CAT B on the MAG-58/M240D and M134/GAU-17
- Experience and technical knowledge of the following specific areas: Internal and External Loading, Weapons, Tactics, Helicopter Operations, Aerial Gunnery, NVG Operations, Ground Threat Reaction.
- Current TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or ability to complete and receive certification prior to starting work.
- Proficiency in the use of all applications within the Microsoft Office Suite
- You must have, have had, and/or be able to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance and access information covered by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
- Experience in Weapons and Tactics Instruction
- Formation, Confined Area Operations, and Low-Level Tactical Flight Experience
- CAT A-Select Award for Aerial Gunnery (M240/MAG-58/FN MAG and or M134/GAU-17)
- Night Vision Goggle Experience in Combat
- Combat Employment of Crew Served Weapons as an Aircrewman/Aircrewman Technician on CH-47F
- CAT A-Select award on the MRH-90
Kratos is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. EOE, Minorities, Females, Vet, Disabled, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity or any other protected class.
All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply.Kratos is committed to America’s veterans by providing opportunities for them to continue contributing after service to our nation. We also work to provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and require assistance with our online application process, please tell us how we can help.
Source: Career Page
Apply with a great CV/résumé
Click here for info and prices👈
(Opens in a new tab/window)
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|