Qualified Helicopter Crewman Instructor – United Kingdom
Location– RAF Shawbury
Contract – Permanent
The Qualified Helicopter Crewman Instructor (QHCI) is responsible for training ab-initio and refresher crewmen in both the airborne and synthetic environment (including Flying Training Devices and Part Task Trainers).
- Conduct all aspects of instruction of military RW Training of ab-initio and refresher crewman training in accordance with RW syllabuses
- Conduct Computer Based Training/Computer Aided Instruction/Synthetic training as required, including ground school lessons and simulated airborne events in accordance with the DHFS RW syllabi
- Conduct other tasks related to the Training System as directed
- Assist Instructional Designers and Aircrew Training Specialists as Helicopter Subject Matter Experts (SME) in development and maintenance of RW courseware
- Complete Computer Aided Instruction and Simulator Operator training to be able to deliver RW training
- Gain and maintain Competent to Instruct certification by Central Flying School to be able to deliver RW training
- Assist Instructional designers and Aircrew Training Specialists as RW SME in the development and maintenance of RW courseware to ensure is technically correct and meets customer requirements.
- Complete other tasks related to RW training to satisfaction of Chief Crewman
- Produce successful and highly motivated student who excel in the airborne arena
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Previous military experience as a Qualified Helicopter Crewman Instructor.
- Previous experience in RW synthetic training
- Computer fluency to include Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and Explorer
- Previous military experience in either the Land or Support Helicopter environment
- Previous instructional experience of ab-initio training
In return, we will provide you with a generous benefits package including the equivalent to 25 days annual leave, a Defined Contribution Pension plan, access to a range of flexible benefits, an Employee Assistance Programme, and Private Medical Insurance.
One Ascent Team
Ability and evidence of being a role model of Ascent values:
- Hours not days; days not weeks
- Giving the best possible answer every time
- Listening to everyone’s views
- Professional & supportive to all our partners and colleagues
- Total Safety: Airsafety, HSSE & Airworthiness
- Immediate escalation of issues
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence Security requirements and may be required to complete a medical assessment.
Conflicts of Interest
In order to discharge Ascent’s primary UKMFTS duty to the MOD to identify and avoid or mitigate conflicts of interest in conjunction with our activities as MOD’s Training Service Partner, Ascent must ensure that no employee or secondee working for Ascent is materially restricted by any conflict of interest when carrying out duties and functions on its behalf. Therefore, candidates who are currently working for or have been employed during the previous 2 years by organisations such as MOD, Babcock, Lockheed Martin or any related group entity or any organisation bidding into the UKMFTS contract should note that Ascent reserves the right to request further information in relation to that candidate’s current or previous employment history and/or take other appropriate steps to ensure Ascent’s full compliance with its primary obligation. Any concerns you have should be discussed with the Ascent HR representative prior to submitting of a Curriculum Vitae.
In order to operate the Ascent Flight Training recruitment system, we will collect and store the personal information that you submit. Please read the following privacy statement to understand how Ascent Flight Training uses and protects the information you provide.
Apply with a great CV/résumé
Click here for info and prices👈
(Opens in a new tab/window)
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|