Helicopter Line Mechanic
Life Link III •
Rush City, Minnesota, USA
Who Are We: Life Link III is a nationally recognized leader in air medical transport. Our top priority is safety and doing what is best for the patients we serve. We strive to put cutting-edge technology and education in the hands of our flight medical crew, pilots, mechanics, Operations Control Specialists and Communication Center Specialists so we can provide uncompromising care to the communities we live and work in. We do this work while living out our core values of safety, customer focus, excellence, integrity, innovation, and collaboration.
Position Summary: Life Link III’s Line Mechanic emphasize safety, collaboration, and excellence in their approach to realizing Life Link III’s mission and values.
The Line Mechanic reports to the Senior Lead Mechanic. The primary duties for this role is maintaining and repairing the mechanical equipment needed to keep Life Link III’s fleet operational. This includes repairing and maintaining the structural, mechanical, and electronic elements of the helicopter. Ensures company operational goals and objectives are met while guaranteeing all aircraft maintenance documentation is executed in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies, and applicable maintenance manuals.
- Performs inspections and repairs of aircraft and components in accordance with maintenance procedures, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters, and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations
- Verify by physical inspection part and serial number match during installation or removal of components or assemblies in accordance with maintenance procedures
- Ensure all aircraft maintenance documentation is executed in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies, and applicable maintenance manuals
- Actively participates in the continuous improvement phase of the company’s Safety Program
- Familiar with Safety Program’s policies, processes, procedures
- Maintains work area in a clean and professional manner
- Corrects compliance and safety issues when directed by the Director of Operations, Maintenance Compliance Manager, Chief Pilot, and Senior Mechanic
- Responsible for advising the Pilot in Command (PIC) of any maintenance issues that would take an aircraft out of service
- Validate data in the aircraft Status Report
- Request aviation parts and supplies to maintain inventory and ensure prompt repairs for operational readiness
What We Are Looking For:
- High School diploma or GED
- FAA A&P license in good standing
- 2-5 years related experience and/or training
- Driver’s License
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Factory airframe/power plant schools
- FAR 135 experience
- ERP experience
- Inspection Authorization (IA)
What We Offer:
- We are committed to developing your talents as a key contributor to our Maintenance team through engaging work and access to annual Professional Development Fund
- Our Mechanics work a 7 on 7 off on-call schedule.
- Work schedules are Monday through Friday and flexible based on a daily maintenance schedule.
- Opportunity to grow
- Starting salary – $38.18/hr. Our range is based on years of air medical experience
- Competitive Health Benefits
- Employer Matching HAS on qualified plans
- Employer Matching Retirement Plan with no vesting schedule
- Competitive Paid Time Off to foster a work/life balance
Where We Are Located: This opportunity will work out of our Rush City, MN base.
Compliance/HIPAA: Must perform work in the manner prescribed by documented work process in order to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations, accreditation standards and laws that apply, specifically work processes that involve billing practices, for avoiding activities that constitute fraud and abuse.
Employment Status Requirements: Life Link III does not sponsor employment visas of any kind. As a pre-condition of employment, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
Life Link III
3010 Broadway Street NE
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55413 USA
Life Link III is a not-for-profit organization providing helicopter and airplane services for rapid on-scene emergency response and inter-facility transport for patients requiring critical care in Minnesota and Wisconsin.