ROTORCRAFT TRAINING SYSTEMS TEST PILOT SME
Job ID 00000200136
Date posted 06/17/2020
Location Hazelwood, Missouri
Company The Boeing Company
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.Help build the best rotary wing training devices. Training & Professional Services (T&PS) within Boeing Global Services (BGS) Longbow Crew Trainer (LCT) and MH-139 Operational Flight Trainer (OFT) program is seeking a Rotorcraft Training Systems Test Pilot SME to help complete the system design, integration, and test for the Apache LCT program, MH-139 OFT program and other trainers in Hazelwood, MO.
- Assist in determining and developing of technical approaches, products and processes
- Seeks out additional work / assists in generating new business across the enterprise
- Assists in driving continuous improvement to ensure our team consistently meets or exceeds planned cost, schedule, technical performance, and quality targets including Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Integrate team activities with other cross functional teams across numerous programs with internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in developing and nurturing a team culture that increases internal communication, expands collaboration, and on meeting contractual commitments
- Assists in developing and maintaining relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders (internal & external), peers and partners
- Assists in managing document design and updating of Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPrs), Test Documentation to include Test Logs, Discrepancy Reports (DRs), Test Reports, Trainer Readiness
- Reviews and guides less experienced engineers in performance of day-to-day operations
- Assists in assuring cost, time effective, creative solutions and disposition of field issues to ensure customer satisfaction
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. secret clearance Post Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience developing Test Plans, Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs), maintaining Test Logs, and creating/ delivering briefings
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 25% of the time
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime and occasional weekends when necessary
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in weapon system integration
- Tracked as a Pilot-in-Command, Instructor Pilot or Maintenance Test Pilot
- Experience in leadership either formally or informally leading teams in a development environment
- Basic knowledge and background in utility, heavy-lift or attack helicopter operations as a Pilot
- Experience in attack helicopter operations as a Pilot, Maintenance Test Pilot or Instructor Pilot in the AH-64D/E aircraft
- Experience in utility helicopter operations as Pilot or Pilot-in-Command in the MH-139/AW-139
- Experience in the operational employment of the Longbow Crew Trainer (LCT) Instructor Operator Station (IOS)
- Familiarity with employment of military utility-type helicopters and operations
- Familiarity with test procedure and test plan design
- Technical Bachelor’s degree or higher
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years’ related work experience, Master+7 years’ related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.