[This job ad appears to be erroneously placed in Florida, when the description fits better with Australia. /Admin]
MH-60R Sensor Operator Instructor
Tampa, FL, USA
Role and Responsibilities
Provide MH-60R Sensor Systems/operational procedures instruction in aircraft/classroom/simulator and/or practical environments. Assist as Subject Matter Expert in development of curriculum for courses as required. May provide additional special services such as courseware review and other additional administrative duties such as publications, safety, quality audits, scheduling, and other duties as maybe assigned, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties of the CI will normally involve direct CI interface with trainees, RAN Instructors and other users and/or trainers/equipment (when a CI is manning trainer/equipment instructor station(s) or providing direct classroom instruction).
Primary Responsibilities shall be accomplished during scheduled instruction events as described below to include:
- Conduct scheduled CI led/supported training for Training Device and Systems Training (including briefs and debriefs) using traditional and modern tools such as interactive white boards, computers and video projector systems.
- Evaluate and document student training/mission performance as required.
- Evaluate and record trainer performance in accordance with established Commonwealth criteria.
- Maintain, assess, and recommend improvements to mission scenarios for effectiveness and currency.
- Review curriculum, assess and recommend improvements to the training program via the appropriate training management officials.
- Provide classroom instruction and recommendations for improvement, to include tests and test materials, lesson plans, and trainee guides under the guidelines of current directives.
- Conduct training device operation instruction to personnel as necessary, to include briefing, debriefing and grading/assessments.
- Assist in training device testing/evaluation associated with periodic qualification or introduction of new or modified systems or Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) as they affect the training system.
- Provide academic instruction to include Instructor led lecture discussion for RAN Crew Resource Management (CRM)etc., and self-paced Computer Aided Instruction (CAI) and Computer Based Training (CBT) in support of courses required for the RAN MH-60R.
- Assist with training device inspections and qualification programs and other special projects, as required, to include mishap re-creation and testing.
- Maintenance and improvement of specific training. Assess training, syllabus, and mission scenarios for effectiveness and Curriculum/Syllabus/Testing. Update, modify, and maintain currency of mission scenarios to support recommend improvements to the training program to the Government.
- Assist in updating/creation of feedback information methodology to use for students undergoing training.
- Update and recommend new testing instruments to identify training baseline and measure proficiency of training objectives as approved by the Commonwealth in consultation with the COR.
- Make recommendations for update(s) and maintain interim changes to curriculum material(s), including but not limited to, tests and test materials, lesson plans, and trainee guides under the guidelines of current Commonwealth directives.
- Review syllabi and recommend changes to the lessons based on NATOPS changes, engineering changes, and evolving mission areas changes.
- Provide assistance in the validation of training device discrepancies and corrective actions.
- Participate in airworthiness boards when requested by the Commonwealth.
- Assist with the resolution of airworthiness corrective action requests in accordance with AAP 7001.048.
- Introduce and explain the operation, capabilities and limitations of respective device(s)/training equipment and the aircraft simulated to various tour groups and individuals as may be required by the Government and the Commonwealth.
- Assist in maintaining the Tactical/Technical Publications Library.
- Attend required scheduled meetings (e.g., Scheduling, Standardization, Commonwealth Instructor Pilot/Aircrew, and Intelligence Updates).
- Performs administrative duties such as scheduling, record keeping, monitoring student progress, counseling, quality assurance, safety, security, and maintenance of training programs and equipment.
- Must be physically able to enter simulator and take cognizance of attendees’ safety when on board the simulator.
- Must be able to stand up and conduct academic instruction in simulator and classrooms for up to six hours each day.
- Must maintain proficiency in operation of essential MH-60R Aircrew Training Devices.
- Aviation instruction is a highly specialized function that requires the instructor to have prior aircraft operating experience and the ability to hold creditability and the attention of the customer attendees.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Sensor Operator Instructors shall have a minimum of 500 hours of military flying (Recent experience as an MH-60R SENSO Instructor or Evaluator desired.)
- Have a minimum of two (2) years instructional experience in an aircrew training environment on military rotary wing platforms.
- Shall have completed at least one sea-going tour.
- Shall possess the qualifications and experience necessary to be able to be authorized by the HQ-FAA Chief Aircrew examiner or delegate as a competent simulator instructor in all MH-60R curriculum sequences in the TOFT & WTT.
- Shall have previous anti-submarine and surface warfare experience.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be willing to work any shift or day of the week as required.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
- SENSO instructors shall be assessed as competent to instruct by CO 725 SQN, or delegate, to train MH-60R SENSOs in Synthetic Training Devices.
- SENSO instructors shall undergo, and be required to pass, a periodic instructor assessment, in accordance with ABR 5150, by a relevant HQ-FAA Chief Aircrew examiner or delegate.
- SENSO instructors shall undergo and pass, a periodic MH- 60R simulator check flight, in accordance with ABR 5150, by CO 725 SQN or delegate.
Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Will be required to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints. Must be able to generate effective oral and written presentations and proposals on complex subjects.
Must be able to calculate figures and amounts, prices, commissions, and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. An ability to interpret complex customer requirements and attitudes from verbal, non-verbal, and written communication is desirable.
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
- Work in a regular office environment; communicate via personal computer, telephone and fax.
- Will be working in areas with risk of electrical shock and from moving mechanical parts driven by high power server mechanisms.
- Will at times be exposed to the following conditions: extreme heat, airborne particles, and loud noises.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Domestic and international travel as required.
- Must be able to walk and/or climb stairs and ladder into a simulator or airplane cockpit.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, and crawl on top of or under machinery.
- Must be able to detect odors or hear noises, bangs, etc., or other sounds to detect problems or flaws in the functioning of simulators and its surrounding environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value “One CAE”, we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
🎉Get 20% off until New Year 2021🎉
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé
Click for info and prices
|by Helikonsult AS (Private Limited Company)|