Aircraft Mechanic III UH60 Helicopter Crewchief
Job Locations US-VA-Newport News
Job ID 2020-3402
Category Aviation Support
Clearance Level N/A
Working at USfalcon is about providing exceptional professional services to the DoD and various Federal Agencies. We have been excelling in diverse platforms for almost 30 years and continue to be an industry leader. If you thrive in an organization that values integrity, commitment, stewardship, and service, we want to meet you.
We have an exciting opportunity to join us in supporting one of our valued customers as an Aircraft Mechanic III, UH60 Helicopter Crewcheif to work out of Fort Eustis, VA.
- Maintain heavily modified aircraft for research flight test, to include integration of advanced sensors, flight control systems (for example fly-by-wire), non-standard crew displays, and related data collection and research flight control systems.
- Required to participate in aerial flights to perform Crew Chief (CE) or Technical Observer (OR) duties as per Army Regulation (AR) 95-1 and contractor Flight Operations Procedures (FOP).
- Pass annual flight physical as per AR 95-1.
- Perform daily and periodic maintenance inspections on supported aircraft.
- Required to use special tools, Time Measuring Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE), and common hand tools on a daily basis.
- Perform daily-periodic-phase maintenance aircraft inspections, functional checks, repairs, rework and field sustainment maintenance of aircraft and non-standard research equipment.
- All maintenance actions shall be documented, inspected and entered on hard copies of pertinent aircraft forms and records as per DA Pam 738-751.
- Digital logbooks and/or Aircraft Notebooks (ACN) shall be used to document all maintenance actions performed on aircraft “error free.”
- Perform scheduled inspections and unscheduled maintenance as per Army Technique Publication ATP 3-04.7 Army Aviation Maintenance.
- Provide own common hand tools, tool bags, and tool box that meets NAS 412 Standard.
- Required to execute, and monitor Foreign Object Damage (FOD) prevention program, Ground Operations Procedure (GOP) and applicable USfalcon maintenance procedures as per AR 95-20 and Aerospace Standard AS9110.
- Work with engineers when needed to apply “strain gage” or other sensitive applications for special project work and document applicable actions taken in logbooks.
- Use applicable Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) to maintain aircraft libraries that support associated aircraft and Aviation Ground Support Equipment (AGSE).
- Proactively schedule all aviation maintenance services, events in a manner that optimizes available manhours and minimizes aircraft downtime.
- Must be trained, licensed to operate pertinent AGSE and Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
- Must comply with all state and federal environmental policies associated with HAZCOM program and HAZMAT products.
- Must access and use Government Safety and Maintenance Websites (ASO-JTDI-LOGSA) for aviation maintenance support purposes.
- Must remain technically competent through self-study by accessing government associated websites to stay current and abreast of frequent aircraft maintenance changes and maintenance servicing updates that take place on a regular basis.
- Must have and maintain a favorable background check while working on this contract.Perform daily-periodic aircraft inspections, functional checks, repairs, rework and field sustainment maintenance of aircraft and non-standard research equipment.
- Maintain UH60 Helicopter systems as per ATP 3-04.7 Army Aviation Maintenance.
- All maintenance actions shall be digitally documented, inspected and/or pertinent hard copies of aircraft forms that are referenced in DA Pam 738-751 shall be used and be error free
- Close out digital logbooks after completion of flying missions.
- Execute Foreign Object Damage (FOD) prevention processes,
- Must ensure that logbooks are reviewed and prepared for next day mission support requirements.
- Take oil samples, complete applicable forms, and process them as per the Army Oil Analysis Program (AOAP).
- Utilize Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) as required.
- Use applicable Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) to maintain aircraft and associated equipment.
- Execute corrective action and inspection requirements for safety of flight (SOF) messages, safety of use (SOU), maintenance information messages (MIM), aviation safety action messages (ASAM), and general (GEN) messages.
- As per Maintenance Allocation Charts (MAC) inspect, troubleshoot, repair and isolate aircraft malfunctions associated with hydraulics, avionics, electrical, battery, airframe, power-train, power-plant, engine-flight control rigging systems, aircraft survivability equipment, armament, and other utility aircraft systems.
- Use the Aircraft Notebook ACN system to process work order requests, requisition spare parts, bench stock, and perform other reporting requirements.
- Complete all online Environmental “Teach” course work and comply with HAZCOM Policies and Environmental Management Procedures (EMP).
- Provide timely, proactive aviation maintenance services that minimizes aircraft downtime and provides the supported customer with safe, mission ready aircraft.
- Comply with processes and procedures as per ATP 3-04.7 Army Aviation Maintenance, clauses cited in Aerospace Standard AS9110 and AR 95-20 Chapter 5; Ground Operations Procedures (GOP).
- Perform all other assigned duties as required.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must provide own common hand tools
- Have a minimum of 5-years of UH60 aircraft maintenance experience
- Must complete, pass an annual flight physical examination by a licensed physician
- Must be trained, qualified and certified to work on UH60 helicopters
- Must have experience maintaining UH60 subsystems
- Must provide a DD Form 214 and/or certificates of completed maintenance training on Sikorsky UH60 Blackhawk Helicopters
- Must be trained, qualified, and licensed to operate Aviation Ground Support Equipment (AGSE) and to operate Material Handling Equipment (MHE)
- Perform all maintenance actions as per the applicable Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM)
- Must have experience in planning major maintenance events and managing work hours
- Must participate in aerial flights as per mission support requirements
- Use a People – Parts – Tools and Time (P2T2) managerial approach when proactively planning maintenance tasks
- Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license is preferred but not required
- Possess a working knowledge, understanding of aircraft systems so as to plan and prioritize special projects and to participate with engineers on review boards for air worthiness release (AWR) purposes
- Execute maintenance safety practices and cultivate a safety type work atmosphere
- Use multi-tasking skills to provide a real-time daily status of pertinent tasks
- Execute and complete risk mitigation worksheets
- Ability to provide assistance to visiting technicians working on special-sensitive projects
- Dispose hazardous waste as per JBLE Eustis HAZCOM procedures and processes
- Must follow and adhere to all Ground Operations Procedures (GOP) and Flight Operations Procedures (FOP)
- Proficient using Microsoft Office and Window 10 OS to access AMCOM maintenance websites
- Highschool Diploma
Clearance: Not Required.
Apply with a great CV/résumé
Click here for info and prices👈
(Opens in a new tab/window)
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|