Assistant Chief Pilot – DTN-SHV-LA 3 Openings
- 28-Jul-2020 to Until Filled (CST)
- Shreveport, LA, USA
- Based on Experience
- Full Time
Medical & Dental Insurance for the employee & family – paid by Metro (This can be waived, and the employee is reimbursed $5,000 per year.) Sick leave: 6 days per year. Short Term Disability insurance premium is paid 100% by Metro. Pays 2/3 of pay for up to 90 days. Covers loss of medical certificate. 401K plan with company match of 75% of the first 7% of your contributions. Long Term Disability insurance is offered at a minimal charge. Pays 2/3 of pay for up to age 65 for full disability or up to 28 months for loss of medical certificate. Paid vacation (from 5 to 15 days annually depending on length of employment). Paid overtime (paid at 1.5 times current salary) Paid Holidays: 7. Tuition assistance available. Use of company aircraft for ATP rating. Class II Medical reimbursement.
Metro Aviation is seeking 3 Assistant Chief Pilots to be based at Metro headquarters in Shreveport, LA.
We are driven by a safety culture and demonstrate that commitment to safety by providing our pilots with industry-leading training and modern, well-equipped aircraft.
We are seeking aviation professionals that share our passion for safety and excellence in operations.
This position is a full-time career opportunity, with a 5 shift on / 2 day off work schedule.
- Schedule and coordinate training for respective airframes
- Check Airman duties as needed within the training department
- Assist standards on training manual/maneuvers manual updates
- Records review and audits
- serve as the primary point of contact with aviation leadership in the field as it relates to pilot training schedules and required resources for aviation training tasks
- Coordinate with Regional Managers (maintenance and aviation)(RMM, RAM), Aviation Site Managers (ASM), Lead Pilots and the Pilot Training Coordinator in his/her assigned area to ensure training events are completed as required
- Develop yearly, monthly and weekly training schedules that effectively utilize all required resources to include aircraft, simulators and training personnel
- Coordinate with Regional Managers (maintenance and aviation), Aviation Site Managers and Lead Pilots to ensure that aircraft maintenance event will have minimal impact on the aviation training schedule
- Assist the Metro Pilot Training Coordinator in scheduling simulator training with outside vendors
- Audit training records that are submitted to the Pilot Records department; ensuring these records (submitted by Check Airmen and Instructors) are submitted in a timely and accurate manner
- Conduct aviation training in accordance with the MAI Approved Training Program as appropriate to the aircraft and operations he/she is qualified for
- Conduct classroom instruction as required
- Operate aviation simulators and Flight Training Devices as required
- Submit required reports as directed
- Other duties as assigned
- Works to coordinate with RAM, ASM, lead pilot and the Pilot Training Coordinator to ensure that all pilots complete their required initial, transition, differences, re-qualification and recurrent aviation training
- Assists with pilot recruiting activities as directed
- Supports the Training Department as directed
- Direct supervisor of assigned Check Airman
- Monitor the schedules of the Check Airman and Instructors to ensure efficient and appropriate utilization of the Check Airman and Instructors
- Current FAA Medical Certificate (2nd Class or higher)
- FAA Certificate (Commercial Pilot with Instrument Rating) *ATP preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in aviation or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience as a pilot-in-command in Part 135 operations
- Previous experience as a Part 135 instructor or check airman preferred
- Previous experience in Helicopter Air Ambulance operations preferred
- Experience with all Microsoft Office applications preferred
Activities require a moderate amount of standing, sitting and walking. Ability to conduct activities requiring a moderate to a rigorous amount of static pushing, pulling, reaching and lifting. Capable of lifting 75 lbs floor to bench height. Ability to hear routine aircraft noises. Maintains a “duty” weight (bodyweight + uniform/equipment helmet not included) for Rotor Wing (Helicopter) operations. Must be able to wear a commercially available respirator mask with proper fit when requested. Requires close and distant visual capability (Class 2 Aviation Medical). Periodic hands to key ability (typing).
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|