Principal Rotary Wing Experimental Test Pilot
Nova Systems Europe
Teramo, Abruzzi, Italy
Principal Rotary Wing Experimental Test Pilot (Central Italy)
Location: Central Italy
Due to the potential growth in our European flight test business, we are seeking expressions of interest from qualified and experienced EASA Class 1 Experimental Rotary Wing Test Pilots who would like to work in central Italy on a minimum 3 year contract with the potential for permanent opportunities.
Nova Systems Europe have a team of highly qualified Fixed and Rotary Wing Test Pilots and Flight Test Engineers with experience across a wide range of operational roles. As a result of the potential for new aircraft development programmes, Nova are now seeking to reinforce the team with further Rotary Wing Test and Evaluation experience, with a specific focus on a highly experienced senior test pilot to lead flight test activities during developmental and certification test of a new aircraft design at a test centre in central Italy. The successful candidate would be expected to re-locate, if needed, to be close to the development facility where the role will involve the supervision, leadership and delivery of the full range of development and certification flight test. The role is also likely to involve deployment with prototype aircraft and test teams to remote test locations. You will be an experienced and professionally qualified EASA Class 1 Rotary Wing Test Pilot with extensive experience of developmental flight test programmes. Wider qualifications in project management and leadership would be a distinct advantage.
What you’ll actually do
You’ll be involved in many aspects of the aircraft development programme. Typically, this might involve;
- Leadership and supervision of a team of flight test professionals in the delivery of a rotorcraft development programme
- Planning and flying of development and certification flight tests
- Investigation, problem solving and reporting of aircraft development issues
- Engagement and interfacing with programme management, engineering, support and external stakeholders
What you’ll need
- Eligibility to work in the Europe
- Current / eligible for a NATO recognised Security Clearance
- Qualified Test Pilot (ETPS/USNTPS/USAFTPS/EPNER long course graduate with EASA FT Rating)
- Eligible for EASA ATPL(H) IR, ideally type-rated on EC-135 and with more than 2000hrs total time
- Eligible to hold EASA Class 1 medical
- Extensive rotorcraft developmental flight test experience, including specific experience of EASA CS27 or 29 programmes
- Conversant with EASA/FAA CS or EMAR regulations
- Extensive supervisory flight test experience – eg Chief Test Pilot, Deputy Chief Test Pilot or Test Unit Command
- Extensive Safety Management and training experience
- Project or Programme Management qualification and experience
- Educated to Degree level with high level of written and verbal communication skills in English and the ability to write technical reports of the highest standard
- Leadership and management experience
Nova Systems is an international Professional Service Provider specialising in the provision of engineering and management services, providing industry and government with world class independent expertise in delivering complex projects and solving technologically challenging problems.
Nova employs over 500 specialist consultants across the UK, Europe, Singapore and Australia, with UK offices in Andover, Bristol and High Wycombe.
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova Group has been recognised as one of “Top 50 best places to work” in Australia and Singapore and Nova Systems UK won 8th place in the 2019 UK Best Workplace.
These are exciting times for us and we’re keen to take our people with us in our success.
We offer a generous total reward package, including a professional development allowance and leave entitlement, 25 days annual leave, team and social events, annual work conference, annual and immediate recognition schemes, up to 7% non-contributory pension, life insurance, employee assistance helpline and much more!
Please submit your CV along with any additional information you feel will be beneficial in supporting your expression of interest through our website.
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|