Who is Babcock
Babcock International Group is a diverse global business. We have been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Babcock Australasia is a Defence and emergency services support company working in partnership with those who keep our communities safe and our nations secure.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock is a key contractor to Defence, emergency services and the oil and gas sectors, employing more than 1000 talented people and we’re growing.
We focus our specialist skills and knowledge to facilitate clients’ operational requirements, and our expertise across land, marine, aviation and training sectors provides engineering, sustainment and support services that keep the country moving.
To provide you some local context, here are a few things we do across air, land and sea:
- We’re in the air with emergency services, piloting and crewing air ambulances and search and rescue missions
- We keep things moving on land, with integrated asset management and engineering services for vehicle fleets and infrastructure
- We look after vessels as diverse as naval submarines and luxury yachts, with plenty in between, providing bow-to-stern sustainment and technical engineering support
About the Role
Babcock provides helicopter Search and Rescue, Emergency Medical Services, Air Ambulance, Passenger Transport, Marine Pilot Transfer, Surveillance and Defence Support operations across Australia.
An opportunity exists for a passionate and motivated Aircrew Officer to fulfil a 12 month contracted position at our Adelaide Base. As part of the Flying Operations Team, this business critical role will conduct rotary wing EMS and police operations to support our South Australian State Rescue Helicopter operations.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- conducting safe flight operations complying with CASA, contractual and company policies and procedures
- reporting promptly all operational and maintenance deficiencies
- completion of pre-flight and post-flight documentation in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with company procedures
- providing accurate visual observation and information to the Pilot of flight relevant data including clearances, obstacles, personnel movements and flight safety related issues
- maintaining continuous and immediate readiness of operational role equipment in accordance with company doctrine and at the direction of the senior crewperson and/or PIC
- employing and installing role equipment in accordance with company policies and procedures
- assisting with the ongoing maintenance and inspection of base and role equipment as required or directed
- achieving and maintaining a level of fitness commensurate with company requirements (including periodic assessments)
- maintaining current knowledge of and adhering to all flight manual procedures
- conducting aircraft flight preparation and post-flight husbandry including corrosion preventative maintenance
- maintaining safe and effective control of all passengers and crew
- conducting timely and accurate pre-flight and post-flight briefings
- security and safe configuration of cabin and equipment according to operational task requirements
- conduct and maintain a South Australian police check
- carrying out other specific duties as delegated by the HOFO, Chief Aircrew officer, Base Manager or Supervisory Aircrew Officer
The successful candidate must have:
- CAO 29:11 Certificate of Competency in Winching and Rappelling Operations
- 500 hours rotor wing aircrew experience
- Current CASA Class II Medical Certificate
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Current Advanced Resuscitation Certificate
- HUET with Emergency Breathing System Qualified
- NVG Aircrew endorsement I.A.W CAO 82.6
- Certificate IV Aviation (Aircrewman)
Please note: successful completion of the company fitness test is a prerequisite in being offered a position and national police background check.
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
What sets us apart at Babcock? Babcock offers a supportive and engaging environment where you can drive change and grow your career! We promote and foster training and development, have a flexible approach to work and offer the opportunity to be part of something BIG.
We have a team of extraordinary people that come to work and make a difference. We are part of an organisation that helps in keeping our Nations Secure and our Communities Safe.
Central to Babcock’s core values are health, safety and environment and diversity. If you’d like to be part of an exciting and engaged team, apply via the ‘Apply Now” button below and submit your application including relevant qualifications, work experience and CASA Licence
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|