Pilot – NASA HCare Program (Contract)
- 30-Sep-2020 to 16-Oct-2020 (EST)
- 10520 Training – Pilots
- FL, USA
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than six fold order book increase since 2000.
Pilot NASA helicopters to accomplish directed tasking, train members of NASAs flight department, conduct customer demonstration flights on and off-site, and conduct classroom instruction for customer pilot ground schools.
This assignment is expected to be approximately two (2) years in duration and could be extended depending on business need.
Aircraft Flight 60%
- Perform maintenance and instructional flights in NASA operated H135s as both PiC and Co-Pilot.
- Perform Day/Night/NVG flights for mission support, including but not limited to quick reaction tasks, airborne law enforcement, medical transport, internal and external loads.
- Ensure compliance with FAA, NASA and AHI regulations in all Flight Operations assignments.
- Prepare required pre-flight and post-flight documentation and reports, documents significant occurrences.
- Coordinate results of flight with appropriate Quality Assurance, Flight Line and Flight Operations personnel.
- Assist NASA personnel in developing training curriculum, standard operating procedures, classroom instruction, and other areas of documentation updates as needed
- Participate in ground and flight instruction/training for NASA personnel.
- Receive and update flight manuals; screen service bulletins and letters to update and maintain related training courseware and curriculum.
- Ensure standardization of unit pilots.
Administrative duties 20%
- Assist NASA with flight related maintenance and performance questions; provide other pertinent and related information.
- Prepare daily risk assessments and flight plans.
- Maintain unit flight training records.
- Participate in AH Flight Safety workshops for setting pilot and operating standards.
- Act as the AH onsite H135 SME.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- BS/BA degree
- A minimum of five (5) years of flight experience
- A minimum of 2000 Pilot-In-Command hours in helicopters (at least 500 hours of which must be in turbine powered helicopters).
- 100 hours of flight experience in the last 12 calendar months.
- Flight experience with Night Vision Goggles.
- By contract, must meet all requirements of NASA NPR 7900.3D
- Familiar with NASA flight operations at KSC.
- Flight time in Airbus helicopters.
- Military flight experience
- FAA First Class Medical Certificate, Commercial helicopter license, IFR rating, and Certified Flight Instructor rating-helicopter (CFI).
- Airline Transportation Pilot (ATP)
- Certified Instrument Flight Instructor – rotorcraft helicopter (CFII).
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Able to successfully operate NASA aircraft; and to maintain required FAA certificate and medical requirements.
- Knowledge of aircraft, aircraft systems, aerodynamics and flight characteristics of aircraft, FAA regulations, and other fields relating to conduct of flight programs.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Requires the ability to speak and hear clearly. Able to compose written documentation and to read and interpret various types of technical drawings, data and specifications.
- Fluent in the English Language Required (Read, Write, Speak, Understand)
- Fluent in Spanish
- 10% Domestic travel away from the facility.
- US or authorized to work in the US
- Ability to obtain a SECRET clearance.
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Ability to analyze weather, mechanical conditions and regulatory concerns in order to make risk assessments as to the appropriateness of aircraft flight
- Reports to the Chief Pilot. This position is part of the Flight Operations department which is under the Vice President of Flight Operations and Technology.
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- Responsible for creating a positive customer experience
Nature of Contacts:
- Involved Communication on a regular basis with internal and external parties
- Onsite: 70%
- Vision: able to see and read computer screen and other electronic equipment with screens, able to read documents, reports and engineering drawings. Able to see and read helicopter instruments. Able to detect various colors. Requires the ability to conduct flight training at night.100%
- Hearing: able to hear to participate in conversations in person and via teleconference, vis radio communications or phone and to hear sounds on production floor and in a helicopter including safety warnings or alarms 100%
- Speaking: able to speak in conversations and meetings, deliver information and participate in communications. Ability to speak during radio communications 100%
- Equipment Operation: Must be able to climb into, onto, and out of a helicopter and its cockpit; able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment and some tools including production tools such as hydraulic lifts; able to use a computer and flight equipment. 95%
- Carrying: able to carry documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs 25%
- Lifting: able to lift documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment, aircraft panels and parts, etc. up to 30lbs/14kgs. 25%
- Pushing / Pulling: able to push and pull small office furniture and some equipment and tools, able to spin a helicopter rotor during pre-flight checks 20%
- Sitting: able to sit for long periods of time in meetings, working on computer or in aircraft cockpits. 50%
- Squatting / Kneeling: able to squat or kneel to check body of aircraft and to retrieve or replace items stored on low shelving. 10%
- Standing: able to stand for discussions in offices or on production floor 50%
- Travel: able to travel independently and at short notice 20%
- Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): able to walk through office and production areas including uneven surfaces. 25%
- Medical certification: Ability to maintain FAA first class medical certification
- Environment: Able to move about freely in the area of moving aircraft. 50%
- Height and weight: Must be in a range to safely operate the aircraft. No interference with the flight controls
- Manual dexterity: Use of hands and fingers to manipulate knobs, flight controls and doors
- Personal Protective Equipment required: Required PPE includes, but is not limited to, Safety Shoes, Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection, Respirators/Masks, and/or Protective Gloves as required by site and/or customer site
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
This position is a temporary (contract) position with no specific time period but could be extended or shortened as needed. Contractors are employed by a 3rd party vendor and placed on assignment to Airbus Helicopters, Inc. .
As a matter of policy, Airbus Helicopters, Inc. does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus Helicopters, Inc. does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Employment with Airbus is at will, meaning either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
NOTE: Airbus Helicopters, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|