Helicopter Mechanic Techanician
Manatee County Mosquito Control District •
Palmetto, Florida, USA
Manatee County Mosquito Control District, Palmetto FL
Description of Occupational Work – Helicopter Technician:
The position of Helicopter Technician in the Manatee County Mosquito Control District is responsible for assisting with the maintenance and repairs of one (1) Hughes 500D and two (2) Bell 407 helicopters working under the supervision of the Senior Helicopter Mechanic. All three helicopters are used to provide airborne surveillance and spray operations in the control of mosquito populations. This position is responsible for performing related duties as required.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions of the position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties. These descriptions are descriptive and not restrictive; incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
Performs routine inspections and servicing of aircraft, airframes and powerplants and related pesticide application systems;
Performs non-routine troubleshooting and repair of aircraft systems, to include pesticide application systems;
May be involved in the design, fabrication, installation and testing of pesticide application systems
Fly in District aircraft for the purpose of test flights
Perform painting operations of aircraft and components
Fabricate custom tooling for special jobs
Responsible for wearing the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
Follow all Districts Safety policies and procedures and to comply with the applicable local, state and federal regulations
Responsible for maintaining revisions on all technical manuals, aircraft records, log books and life limited components
Will be involved in the loading of pesticide and in the calibration of a variety of the application systems
Responsible for ensuring all assigned equipment and tools are maintained and repaired as needed
Assists with maintaining and keeping work areas in a functionally clean and orderly manner
Other duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The intent of the listed knowledge, skills, and abilities is to give a general indication of the core requirements for the technician therefore; the KSAs listed are not exhaustive or necessarily inclusive of the requirements of every position in the class.
The duties listed above are intended only as general illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Specific statements of duties not included does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
· Knowledge in rotor track and balance
· Must be able to perform avionic and electrical troubleshooting and repairs
· Effectively communicate with management in a professional manner current condition of district aircraft
· Must be very familiar with the maintenance and repair of the District aircraft
·Must be able to work long hours and work weekends as required
· Must be able to operate a variety of equipment and vehicles
· Must be willing to attend factory training or other educational courses, some of which may be at distant locations and for a period of up to two weeks
· Must be capable of utilizing computerized technical data and FAA regulatory programs
· Must be a legal citizen of the US and be able read, write, speak and understand English language
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
COMPENSATION and SALARY RANGE
1. The salary range for the Aircraft Mechanic is $19.23 to 24.04 per hour. Work week is 40-hours, 6:30am to 3:00pm with ½ hour for lunch unless otherwise arranged and pre-approved by the employee’s supervisor. This salary is equivalent to $40,000 to $50,000 per year. Employees are eligible for overtime work (over 40 hours per week) and may select overtime pay or time-compensation at 1.5 hourly adjustments. The salary of a new hire may observe more aggressive adjustments in the first few years of employment.
2. Advancement of the salary “upper limit” will be based upon the annual cost of living adjustment and only be made at 5% increments and may not be performed annually.
3. Employees of this class shall receive full family medical benefits and are eligible for enrollment in the Florida Retirement System. Additionally, the incumbent is eligible to receive paid vacation, sick and holiday leave.
4. To apply contact Christopher.Lesser@manateemosquito.com with resume and letter of interest
Job Requirements – Minimum Requirements:
·High school diploma or equivalent
·Minimum of 3 years experience working as a Primary/Chief Mechanic on Hughes 500/ Bell 407 or similar helicopters
·Must have basic hand tools to perform aircraft maintenance
·Must hold current FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certificates.
·Must hold a current FAA Inspection Authorization (I.A.) certificate or receiving certification within 6 months of employment.
·Florida drivers license required or within 30 days of employment. CDL a plus
·Substance Abuse Testing. Due to the safety and/or security sensitive nature of this classification, individuals shall be subject to pre-employment alcohol, drug and/or controlled substance testing
Job Ident #:
Manatee County MCD
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
Manatee County Mosquito Control District
2317 2nd Avenue West
Palmetto, Florida 34221 USA
Medical, Pension, PTO, Holiday leave,
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|