Chief Engineer – Rotary Wing–00UB3
Cobham Aviation Services UK are recruiting for a Chief Engineer to be responsible for the production and maintenance of the rotary wing aircraft to meet the daily flying program requirements of the Cobham Helicopter Academy. They will ensure that all rectification, scheduled maintenance and base maintenance provision in support of the Cobham Helicopter Academy is delivered in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
The position reports into the Engineering Manager UK and the Chief Engineer will have overall line management responsibility for around 20 engineers.
The role is based at our Newquay site, and requires limited travel.
As a Chief Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Demonstrable leadership and staff development experience in the context of Aviation engineering.
- A technical engineering background is expected (licensed engineer highly desirable) with experience of rotary wing aircraft.
- Extensive knowledge of Regulatory requirements related to EASA Part 145 is essential.
- Basic business skills to understand financial build and requirements at department Operating Profit/Loss level is desirable
- Proven ability to work and deliver, to time pressure and deadlines, using basic project management and change management disciplines
- Demonstrated performance in team building, fostering organisational culture and delivering continuous improvement
- Demonstrated high level in Communication, Team Building and Partnership skills in dealing with stakeholders
- The demonstrated ability to motivate people and influence change in line with company organisational values
As a Chief Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Hold Safety as a core value and contribute to the achievement of a Zero Harm and an incident / injury free environment through active participation in all safety programs relevant to the position and promote this amongst all engineering staff
- Be directly responsible to the Engineering Manager for engineering output and maintenance standards on the operation
- Be commercially aware and ensure that all maintenance and rectification is carried out in a safe, cost effective, efficient manner and promote the same amongst all staff.
- Maintain and set the highest standards of workmanship.
- Be totally flexible to ensure that the operation is not compromised.
- Demonstrate a high level trust and integrity.
- Demonstrate excellence when it comes to safety
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement
- Be customer focussed, both internally and externally
- Present a professional first class image at all times
- Demonstrate a total commitment to Health & Safety (SHE)
- Lead and direct the Engineering team in the Helicopter Academy to deliver a comprehensive Engineering service to the business,
- Promote the same standards to all Engineering staff
Cobham Aviation Services UK
We combine state-of-the-art technology with complex air platforms to deliver customised Operational Readiness Training, Search and Rescue Services, Helicopter Training and Aircraft Engineering and Maintenance.
Our end-to-end capabilities benefit government and military customers with responsive and cost-effective turn-key solutions for optimal mission performance.
CAvS – UK
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|