[Application deadline is 2 October 2020. /Admin]
Flight Operations Inspector – Helicopter – Dublin
Irish Aviation Authority
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Monitoring and Surveillance of Operator Standards
Main Duties And Responsibilities
The Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) is a commercial semi-state body that oversees the safety and security of Irish civil aviation, provides air traffic management (ATM) services in Irish airspace and at state airports and communication services on the eastern north Atlantic. The IAA receives no state funding and circa 80% of our income is earned from international business.
We are currently seeking applications from appropriately qualified candidates for creation of a panel for the position of Flight Operations Inspector (Helicopter) working within the Safety Regulation Division (SRD).
An immediate vacancy currently exists.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
Responsible for the safety oversight of Commercial Air Transport, Corporate, Aerial Work/Specialised Operations and General and Sport Aviation in accordance with Irish and international regulations.
Oversight of the Air Operator flight crew qualification training and testing regulations and standards as applicable to Irish Aviation.
Assessing the competence of applicants for AOCs, Aerial Work/Specialised Operations, Approved Training Organisations and instructor/examiner personnel.
Drafting of changes to regulations and legislation as required, including development of associated guidance material.
Preparation of technical reports and the presentation of same.
Investigation of incidents and occurrences in relation to air safety.
Attendance on behalf of the Authority at international meetings as required
Other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
A current EASA Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) with multi-engine type rating.
A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a pilot.
Considerable experience as pilot-in-command of helicopter aircraft.
Experience in operational management within an air transport operation; or experience as an examiner or as an instructor.
5,000 flying hours – consideration may be extended to candidates with less hours, based on having;
- Experience in Search and Rescue operations (SAR).
- Experience in dealing with operator training requirements and training organisations; – Additional –qualifications such as instructor and examiner ratings.
Candidates should have a good understanding of aviation safety management systems and a sound working knowledge of European Union and European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EU/EASA) aviation regulations and the international regulatory framework, including the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) standards.
The desired candidate will also demonstrate excellent written, oral and inter-personal communication skills.
- Regulatory Performance and Personnel Licensing Department
- Flight Operations Department
- Airworthiness Department
- Operations Directorate
- Technology and Training Directorate
- Other IAA departments as appropriate
- Search and Rescue organisations
- Air operators, general aviation operators etc
- Industry bodies, aviation sports bodies etc
- Department of Climate Action, Communications, Networks and Transport
- Other civil aviation authorities and appropriate international organisations (ICAO, EU, EASA, EUROCONTROL etc.)
How to Apply / Contact:
[See source link at the bottom of this post. /Admin]
Short-listing may apply and a panel may be formed from which future vacancies may be filled.
As An Organisation, Our Core Values Are Instrumental In How We Do Business And Interact With Our Customers And Colleagues, They Are As Follows
- Innovation: We are constantly looking for new ways to do things
- Respect: For our customers and each other
- Teamwork: We are stronger together
- Integrity: We always do what is right
- Service Excellence: We exceed our customers’ expectations
The closing date for receipt of applications is 17:00 hrs Friday, 2nd October 2020.
The Irish Aviation Authority is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. Canvassing will disqualify.
Aviation & Aerospace
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|