[Application deadline is 17 September 2020. /Admin]
NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
If you are looking for an exciting challenge and are an experienced Helicopter Pilot, this could be your dream role.
- The role is located in Bankstown
- Starting range from $ 116,027 + 129,048 + super and annual leave loading
- 2 roles available – 1 permanent, 1 contract up to 9 months
- Great opportunity to work with National Parks and Wildlife Services
About The Role
This is a great opportunity to join the National Parks and Wildlife Service Flight Team as a Helicopter Pilot, to transport people and equipment, and provide much needed support to the field operations.
The Helicopter Pilot will be responsible for ensuring all operations comply with the CASA standards and regulations, develop flight plans, and provide specialised aviation operations including water bucketing, winching and fire spotting. You will support the Chief Pilot to ensure flight operations are safe, cost effective and compliant.
The role operates across NSW with occasional operations interstate.
To be successful in the role it would be an asset to have some of the below;
- A Commercial Helicopter Pilots Licence and a minimum of 2000 hours total Rotary wing flying experience with the following minimums, 1000 hours Turbine helicopter experience, 500 hours Low flying experience, Night VFR and Sling Endorsement.
- Knowledge of Air Operations in relation to fire management and mitigation as well as the ability to gain the essential requirements to undertake this role.
- Experience and demonstrated ability in helicopter longline operations (100ft+)
- An in-depth knowledge and experience in airwork operations that effect the agency.
- Highly developed aviation skills particularly in remote terrain. The ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team in all aspects of the role.
For more information about the role contact Allan McKay, on (02) 8713 4906 or click here to view the role description.
At the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (DPIE) we are focused on creating a liveable, inclusive and sustainable New South Wales with thriving natural environments, strong primary industries and bustling urban centres. We are the stewards of our state’s physical and environmental assets – both natural and built – and we work hard every day to ensure New South Wales continues to flourish.
For further information about NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service view our website.
How To Apply
Apply by addressing all pre-screening questions, and uploading a current resume and one page cover letter outlining your skills and experience relevant to the role.
Applications Close Thursday 17th September 11:59pm
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next eighteen months.
Our commitment to flexible working
The Department of Planning, Industry & Environment is committed to ensuring the sector reflects the NSW community it serves. We support an inclusive workplace where staff have access to opportunities and resources at all levels, enabling our team members to drive innovation, productivity and delivery of high-quality services. We are open to discussing flexible working arrangements and encourage our people to explore new ways of working – including part-time, job-share or working from different locations. Everyone can ask about it.
Our commitment to Diversity
The Planning, Industry and Environment Cluster strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We recognise that we operate in a diverse community and welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and people with disabilities.
Nonprofit Organization Management
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|