Helicopter Air Ambulance Aviation Site Manager – MedForce-IL
Metro Aviation, Inc. •
Colona, Illinois, United States
Metro Aviation is seeking a Helicopter Air Ambulance Aviation Site Manager for ourMedForce Aeromedical Transport program based in Colona, Illinois and West Burlington, Iowa.
The Aviation Site Manager will report to the Regional Aviation Manager and is responsible for for the operational and administrative oversight of the bases assigned to them.
Driven by a culture of safety, Metro Aviation demonstrates that commitment to safety by providing our pilots with industry-leading training and modern, well-equipped aircraft. We are seeking aviation professionals that share our passion for safety and excellence in operations.
This will be a full-time career opportunity with a 5 days on / 2 days off (40 hours a week), administrative schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct supervisor to assigned Lead Pilots
- Maintains appropriate aircraft qualifications and performs relief pilot duties as required.
- Responsible for all operational aspects of assigned aircraft and bases of operations.
- Complies with all directives and guidance of the Metro Aviation, Inc.(MAI) General Operations Manual, Operations Specifications, Policy & Procedure, Federal Aviation Regulations, and any other guidance/directives/regulations as applicable.
- Ensures the Regional Aviation Manager and/or Chief Pilot is notified of any interaction with the FAA, ATC, or abnormal interactions with the customer.
- Provides oversight to the Lead Pilots assignment and scheduling of qualified crew members for duty in accordance with the Operational Control procedures of MAI
- Serves as liaison between MAI and the customer.
- Attends to customer concerns/complaints and requests that are within the Aviation Site Managers scope of responsibility. Immediately escalates all other customer concerns/complaints or requests to the Regional Aviation Manager.
- Participates in accordance with company policy concerning employee evaluation, promotion, and disciplinary actions for personnel assigned.
Coordinates with the assigned Lead Pilot to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, and Safety Management processes
- Coordinates with the Regional Aviation Manager and Base Lead Mechanic to provide a properly maintained and airworthy aircraft. Coordinates and communicates these activities to have the least impact to customer operations.
- Coordinates with the Director of Part 135 Training and Regional Aviation Manager as applicable to ensure compliance with the MAI Approved Training Program. Coordinates and communicates these activities to have the least impact to customer operations.
- Coordinates with MAI and the customer to ensure completion of medical crew and communication center personnel initial and re-current training requirements.
- Coordinates with the Director of Safety and is responsible for the completion of safety audits, monthly safety meetings, PAIP drills, and overall safety of assigned bases.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate submission of all required company reports (i.e.- monthly billing information, flight and duty records of pilots assigned, expense/work-over review and approvals, ASRs, or any other report as directed.)
- Ensures all base, aircraft, and other company documents are current in accordance with the Master Publications Sheet.
- Participates in base safety meetings, customer meetings, or other customer coordinated events. At all times within these meetings/events, the Lead Pilot will represent the safe operating practice of MAI.
- The Aviation Site Manager may delegate responsibilities, but retains responsibility.
- Performs these listed responsibilities and other duties as assigned, in a professional manner.
- Current and qualified for duty assignments as Metro Aviation Line Pilot (may be waived in accordance with specific location or customer requirements)
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Part 135 operations
- Previous Part 135 management experience preferred
- Previous Air Medical experience preferred
Activities requiring a moderate amount of standing, sitting and walking. Able to conduct activities with a moderate to a rigorous amount of static pushing, pulling, reaching and lifting. Capable of lifting 75 lbs floor to bench height. Ability to hear routine aircraft noises. Maintains a “duty” weight (body weight + uniform/equipment helmet not included) for Rotor Wing (Helicopter) operations. Must be able to wear a commercially available respirator mask with proper fit when requested. Requires close and distant visual capability (Class 2 Aviation Medical). Periodic hands to key ability (typing).
Metro Aviation is committed to employees, customers, and community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures which foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
Metro Aviation, Inc.
P.O. Box 7008
Shreveport, Louisiana 71137 USA
Few companies can provide the many services, dedication, stability and excellence that Metro Aviation offers when it comes to owning and operating aircraft. Metro Aviation currently operates more than 140 aircraft for more than 36 programs in 18 states…
Metro Aviation offers an exceptional benefit package inclusive of: 100% Company paid Medical/Dental premiums, Vision, Prescription Drug Plan, Basic Life & AD&D and Short Term Disability. A sick time allotment and vacation allotment is also given. 7 Paid holidays, an Employee Development program consisting of college tuition reimbursement for qualified courses and a company sponsored 401K with a 75% match on up to 7% of an employee’s gross salary.
Bell, Airbus, Pilatus, Beechcraft, Cessna Citation.
B407GX, EC130B4, AS350B2, AS350B3, BK117B1, BK117B2, BK117C1, BK117C2, BK117C2e, EC135 Series, EC135 w/Helionix, EC145 Series, EC145e, PC12-45, PC12-47, BE90, B200, C560 and LR75.
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|