Crew Chief/ Flight Engineer RW UH-1 (SI) WASS – Iraq – 11571
SUMMARY: Participate as a non-rated crew member on approved missions flown in support of an OCONUS US Government contract as instructor for Non-Rated Crew members Standardization. Responsible for accomplishing all required Load Master (non-rated crew member) duties in accordance with policies and procedures. Perform duties under the supervision of the Pilot-Command to include but are not limited to, aircraft configuration changes to support alternate missions, aircraft cargo, personnel loading and unloading operations and passenger safety briefings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform non-rated crew member duties in accordance with aircrew training program requirements. – Plan and perform airdrop operations.
- Provided Standardization over sight and guidance IAW DoS INL/A’s policies, procedures and the Aircrew Training Program.
- Conducts non-rated-rated crewmember training and evaluations.
- Trains, evaluates, and documents the performance of non-rated aircrew members, and develops individual flight training plans in support of the organizations mission and ATP.
- Plan and perform loading and unloading activities, compute the center-of-gravity position and ensure it is within prescribed limits at all times.
- Ensure the cargo compartment is properly configured for each mission.
- Verify and maintain a manifest for cargo and/or personnel.
- Supervise and participate in loading/unloading operations.
- Ensure cargo and passengers are properly restrained.
- Confirm security of cargo and passengers as necessary.
- Supervise passengers during routine and emergency operations.
- Report any malfunction, maintenance or safety concern to the Pilot-in-Command.
- Perform emergency procedure actions as required by applicable directives and/or the Pilot-in-Command.
- Perform aircraft servicing duties including fueling operations, aircraft configuration changes as required.
- Position requires a U.S. Department of State Secret Clearance
- Perform routine OCONUS travel and within CONUS travel as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- FAA Airframe and Power Plant Mechanics License
- Graduate of the US Army Flight Instructor Course or equivalent desired.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Night Vision Goggle (NVG) qualified and 150 hours of NVG experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years as a licensed A&P aircraft mechanic with experience on helicopter and associated sub systems.
- Minimum of 650 total rotary wing flight hours.
- Minimum two (2) years crew chief and mechanic experience on rotary wing aircraft.
- FAA Airframe and Power Plant Mechanics License.
- Current FAA Class III Medical Certificate.
- Two (2) years experience as a aircrew Instructor.
- 5 years experience with UH-1, CH-46/CH-47, S-61/H3 or MD-530 series aircraft.
- Combat experience and previous exposure to operations in Iraq or Afghanistan highly desired.
- Previous experience with the M-4, Glock 19, M-249, and GAU-17 desired.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Focus on Results – Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
- Communications – Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
- Teamwork – Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
- Strategic Planning & Decision-Making – Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
- Initiative & Innovation – Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
- Interpersonal Relationships – Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
- Quality & Safety – Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
- Continuous Improvement – Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
- Training & Development – Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
- Integrity – Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
- Performance Management – Sets clear expectations & direction for staff; achieves team results consistently; coaches staff to improve; is a positive role model.
- Expense Management – Plans budget appropriately, uses sound judgment; analyzes operation for improving expense efficiency; demonstrates knowledge of financial process & results.
- Leadership – Builds commitment to team, company, mission & customer through effective & frequent communications; promotes an environment of trust; fosters a respectful, energetic & positive work culture.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|