Supervisory Maintenance Test Pilot
Department of the Army
U.S. Army Reserve Command
Open & closing dates
09/18/2020 to 09/28/2020
Pay scale & grade
$98,336 to $127,840 per year
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Fort Worth, TX
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
Job family (Series)
2181 Aircraft Operation
About the Position: This position is with the Army Reserve Aviation Command (ARAC), Aviation Support Facility (ASF) Worth West, located in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Conduct maintenance test flights (MTFs) for UH-60 A/L/M aircraft.
- Conduct maintenance operational checks (MOCs)
- Complete flight planning
- Provide guidance to inspectors and mechanics
- Supervise and direct the work of Aviation Support Facility (ASF) personnel
Occasional travel – The business travel requirement is 10%.
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position is subject to the Lautenberg Amendment//Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968.
- This position is subject to Drug Abuse Testing Program requirements.
- Must possess a current first class medical certificate in accordance with FAA regulations at the time of appointment.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- External Recruitment Military Spouse Preference
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience and certification requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes work that involves monitoring test flights, releasing aircraft for operational flights, assisting with flight planning, and insuring aircraft maintain operational readiness. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12).
Basic eligibility requirements: Possession of the appropriate Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) pilot certificates, and/or military rating; completion of a flight test course or FAA flight test pilot course, or one year experience flight testing aircraft; meeting the applicable flight hour requirements; and possession of the knowledge and skills required for the position. Flight hour information MUST in the body of the resume. Your application packet MUST include a copy of the required certificates or military ratings.
Flight hour requirements:
Total flight time, 1500 hours (for current employees up to one-fourth of the total flight hours may be waived);
Pilot in Command 250 hours;
Night flying, 75 hours;
Last 12 months, 100 hours;
Instrument 75 hours.
Please review the OPM qualification standard for specific flight requirements: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/2100/aircraft-operation-series-2181/
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Education / Training Program Administration
- Management Tools
- Planning and Evaluating
- Product Test and Evaluation
- Technical Competence
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone–no substitution of education for experience is permitted
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- As a supervisor, you must comply with the Army Civilian Education System (CES) course and timeline requirements. The Supervisory Development Course (SDC) must be completed within one year of placement into a supervisory position and then completed as a refresher course every three years. For information on CES, please visit the following website: http://usacac.army.mil/organizations/cace/amsc/courses.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 64 position.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM’s Career Transition Resources website.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.dfas.mil/civilianemployees/civrelo/Civilian-Moving-Expenses-Tax-Deduction/ for more information.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|