Instructor Pilot (IFR) RW – RCH 996 – Sacramento, CA
9/18/2020 9:14 PM
- iCIMS Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Families (Portal Searching)
- Aviation Management
The REACH Instructor Pilot provides instructional services to ensure company pilots are trained to deliver customer oriented high quality air medical transport services in a safe and efficient manner. The pilot is expected to act as a proactive and integral team player, both in flight, and during ground operations, utilizing communication and technical skills which will strengthen the company goal of being held in highest regard within the EMS industry.
- Provides support, leadership and mentorship to the lead pilots and aviation line pilot instructor group.
- Responsible for overseeing the ongoing development, implementation and evaluation of pilot education and training, aviation quality assurance, and aviation evaluation processes in an assigned pilot group.
- Oversees the education/training documentation process for aviation personnel for their assigned pilot group.
- Provides clinical leadership and mentoring during new base development and start up.
- Participates in the hiring process for aviation personnel as needed.
- With assistance from the Aviation Training manager and Chief Pilot, the Instructor pilot will plan, promote, and organize performance improvement training activities to promote improved aviation quality and reliability (PIP).
- Prepares and delivers initial ground and flight training curriculum, as necessary to ensure new hire pilots are adequately prepared to stand line duty in the respective aircraft.
- Prepares and delivers recurrent ground and flight training curriculum to ensure company pilots are aware of the latest training and operational requirements, with an emphasis on passing required FAA checkrides.
- Coordinates ongoing training activities through the ATM and Lead Pilots to include but not limited to: CAMTS standards, monthly skills, aviation quality review, training portion of the monthly base meetings.
- Participates in the organizations review process for pilot competencies
- Continues in educational betterment, e.g., computer training, ground training and flight training.
- Attends meetings when required, as directed by supervisors.
- Upholds current company policies and procedures, as stated in the General Operations Manual (GOM), Operations Specifications (OpSpecs). Aviation Training Manual, and other Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) produced by REACH.
- Performs other duties during scheduled shift as requested by Director of Operations, Chief Pilot, or Aviation Training Manager. Occasionally serve some line pilot duty shifts when called upon, due to the absence of other pilots for vacation, sick leave, etc.
- Maintains safety as the primary concern.
- 3000 hours total time (helicopter)
- 1500 hours PIC (helicopter)
- 500 hours of cumulative night experience
- 200 hours of cumulative IFR experience.
- EMS and FAR 135 experience preferred
- Commercial/Instrument helicopter rating
- Preference is given to applicants who have an ATP rating
- Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) is a requirement to hold this position.
- Preference is given to a CFII or extensive flight instruction background
- Preference is given to applicants who have previous NVG experience
- Preference is given to applicants who have at least 200 hours instrument time
- Current Class II Medical Certificate
- Periods of sustained effort for training new pilots may span between 4-8 weeks, with few opportunities for vacation or other duty requirements.
- Frequent travel up to 60% of the job
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally, effectively and persuasively.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure, work efficiently and accurately with frequent interruptions, and set/re-set multiple priorities.
- Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintains a positive team attitude with flight crew members, maintenance technician and communications specialist by working cohesively.
- Works independently and tolerates high stress levels while maintaining a good rapport with co-workers.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of relevant aviation SOP’s.
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite of software
REACH offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan. We also offer a flexible paid-time-off program and voluntary supplemental life insurance packages.
REACH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans).
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|