[Aviation Search Group is a recruiting agency. /Admin]
Director of Flight Operations
Aviation Search Group •
Medford, Oregon, USA
This position will be responsible to oversee both the Fixed Wing and Helicopter flight operations for the company ensuring FAA compliance. As a Supervisor, this position will be responsible to help build and maintain a positive culture and work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide liaison between the Chief Operations Officer and flight crewmembers.
- Supervises the Chief Pilots of the Fixed-Wing and Rotary-Wing programs. Includes the responsibility of assisting with recruitment, training, retention, evaluation and discipline of flight crewmembers.
- Authority to act for the Certificate holder; including the signing of FAA correspondence and Parts A thru E of the Operations Specifications (OpSpecs).
- Communicates with the FAA Certificate Holding District Office (CHDO) and the National Transportation Safety Board. Files all required reports & documents.
- Maintains the General Operations Manual (GOM); reviews and submits changes to the CHDO, confirms revisions are acceptable, and distributed to all manual holders.
- Ensures all flight operations are conducted safely and in compliance with all Code of Federal Regulations, GOM, OpSpecs, and Company policies.
- Schedules aircraft availability, including scheduling for required inspections.
- Coordinates with the Director of Maintenance to ensure timely correction of mechanical irregularities and discrepancies.
- Exercises Operational Control over all company aircraft and flight crewmembers.
- Coordinates the timely correction of mechanical irregularities and discrepancies with the Director of Maintenance.
- Manages the Minimum Equipment List (MEL) Program.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with Team Members of ALL Departments.
- Commercial Pilot Certificate with Instrument Rating required, ATP certificate preferred.
- Interview and approval from the FAA Hillsboro CHDO.
- (ALL) Minimum of (3) three years supervisory experience in the last (6) six years in a position that exercised operational control over operations conducted under Part 121 or Part 135. (Candidates that do not meet this requirement qualify but must be approved by the FAA).
- (FIRST TIME) Minimum of (3) three years experience within the past (6) six years as pilot in command of an aircraft operated under Part 121 or Part 135.
- (PREVIOUS D.O. EXPERIENCE) Minimum of (3) three years experience as pilot in command of an aircraft operated under Part 121 or Part 135.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
Aviation Search Group
11350 Cleveland Gibbs Rd.
Roanoke, Texas 76262 USA
Aviation Search Group is a search firm that helps aviation companies hire the right people through a unique search process. We specialize in executive and technical search programs for the aviation industry.
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|