About the role
Search & Rescue Services Limited is looking for a Helicopter Intensive Care Paramedic to join our Taranaki Rescue Helicopter team.
Search & Rescue Services Limited operate 8 Bases covering the Central and Southern North Island of New Zealand. You will join a team of enthusiastic and experienced Pilots, Crewmen and Paramedics who provide an essential life-saving service to our local communities.
As a dedicated Emergency Medical Service (EMS) provider, Search & Rescue Services Limited is required to operate its helicopters on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Flexibility will be required to meet this standard and you will need to be able to work both 24-hour shifts (on an on-call basis) and 12 hour shifts on-site. The successful applicant must be capable of working within the confined space of a helicopter in difficult weather conditions and possess excellent communication skills with the ability to positively contribute in a close aviation team environment.
Search & Rescue Services Limited will invest in training and support through our dedicated expert instructors to enable the successful applicants to carry out this challenging, and rewarding, role. Ongoing quality training will be provided throughout your employment.
Skills and experience
- Practicing Intensive Care Paramedic
- Hold a current ATP at the Intensive Care Paramedic level for at least 3yrs
- RSI endorsement preferred
- Prior aeromedical operational experience (Fixed Wing/Rotary Wing)
- Capable of being winched from a helicopter into possibly harsh environments to retrieve a patient during both day and night operations
- Flexibility to enable cover at other SRSL bases if required
- Prior experience in another EMS field
- Expected to be fit and able to perform the duties required of a Rescue Helicopter Intensive Care Paramedic.
As part of your employment you will be required to complete a Police Check. Please apply to our Recruitment Team email@example.com writing including your CV and covering letter.
Please note only candidates being progressed to an interview will be contacted.
Applications close Wednesday, 30 September 2020
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a paramedic?
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|