UH 60 Maintenance Test Pilot
Fort Benning, Georgia, USA
The Maintenance Test Pilot utilizes flight test
techniques to perform test flights of aircraft to measure performance and handling to determine airworthiness following maintenance or modifications.
• Perform test flights and demonstrating aircraft
proficiency upon completion of aircraft maintenance or modifications on
• Interpret meteorological data as it pertains to filing a flight plan for the navigational course of flight needed for a mission or sortie.
• File flight plans for all flights using authorized
• Compute weight and balance logs for the aircraft being
• Initiate and complete all military flight or maintenance
forms to document maintenance test flight completion and discrepancies.
• Communicate, troubleshoot, advise and work side by side
with military pilots and technicians.
• Determine in accordance with publications and procedures
the airworthiness of aircraft prior to release for flight.
• Perform recovery flights and ferries aircraft to
additional sites, such as depots.
• Perform troubleshooting procedures of aircraft on the
ground and during flight and makes appropriate write-ups or gives verbal
instructions to correct deficiencies.
• Verify forms and records used in the performance of
maintenance to ensure they comply with work performed prior to ground or flight
• Run-up aircraft for alert status to perform test on
• Deploy when required to support contract requirements when
maintenance test flights are anticipated.
• Interpret meteorological data as it pertains to filing a
flight plan for the navigational course of flight needed for a sortie and files
a flight plan for all flights using authorized processes.
• Ensure proper documentation.
• Must be capable of Aircraft Technical Inspection (TI) as
• May assist with continual improvement initiatives.
• As qualified may perform Aviation
Safety Official duties as directed- Delete
• As qualified may perform Chief or Lead pilot duties as
designated by the Site Supervision.
• Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
• Demonstrated proven and verifiable aviation experience
including ethics, ability and professionalism of the highest standards are
required for this position.
• Must have demonstrated communication skills, both oral and
written. Must be fluent in the English language.
• Working knowledge for operating navigational and
communication equipment installed on the aircraft.
• Capable of computing and annotating weight and balance
logs for the aircraft.
• Able to pass flight proficiency examinations required by
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
• Must be able to Read, Write and Communicate effectively in
Experience & Education
•Completion of high school or equivalent and
military flight and applicable training courses are required
•At least ten years of aviation maintenance
•Must be proficient in flying operations of the
aircraft they are assigned.
•Must be a graduate of the Maintenance Test Pilot
•Must be UH-60L qualified and must have 1,000
hours of Pilot-In-Command (PIC) time.
•Must have current FAA
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet
• May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be
exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts and
• May be exposed to a wide variety of operational
circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary
• Must be able to distinguish color and judge
• Must be able to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges,
identify small objects and hand tools.
• Must be physically capable of climbing vertical ladders or
built-in aircraft steps to heights of 10-12 feet.
• May be exposed to chemical mist, gas, vapors, ultra-violet
and infrared radiation.
• May be required to lift to 50 pounds to a height of four
(4) feet and be required to lift to 20 pounds to a height of seven (7) feet.
• May be exposed to certain obstructions on the surface as
well as ladders, stairs, etc.
• May be exposed to rapid or extreme temperature changes.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
Ft Benning, Georgia
Fort Benning, Georgia 31801 USA
We Build Solutions
Advanced Technology Systems Company (ATSC) parent company to STARA Technologies Corporation strives to bring the strongest services and solutions to bear in order to fulfill and exceed our clients’ requirements in today’s ever-changing…
Embraer, Bell, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Beechcraft, Cessna, Textron
EMB 314 Super Tucano, UH-1H, UH-1H II, C-130, OH-58, AH-64, F-16, King Air, UH-60
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|