Manassas, Virginia, USA
At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse Aviation Professionals always have a multitude of career choices. Your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but also change the world. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; tuition reimbursement and more.
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Avionics Technician to work in our FAA Part 145 Repair station located in Manassas, VA. We integrate, man, deploy, and maintain FAA certified aircraft for various CONUS and OCONUS operations in support of DOD and other agencies/partners.
The Avionics Technician will be responsible for performing work in all aspects of a Part 145 Avionics Shop, including but not limited to fabrication and installation of wiring harnesses, integration of avionics systems to include, NAV, COMM and special mission equipment. Line service trouble shooting of avionics systems. The avionics technician will work with common off the shelf avionics systems and parts as well as custom and Government delivered specialized systems.
- Performance of line service
- Avionics and Sensor system installations
- Troubleshooting and repair work for Avionics
- Fabricate wiring harnesses, terminate wire bundles, install pins, connectors, etc.
- Will conduct maintenance on a wide variety of aircraft types ranging from fixed wing piston to turbo prop and executive jet to rotor wing
- Will be expected to be able to work independently using drawings and guidance from engineers and install systems in accordance with engineering information provided using standard practices and procedures
- Lift, balance, and carry up to 50lbs
- Ability to read and use schematics and drawings
- Must be able to read and interpret wiring diagrams and prints
- Work in enclosed hangars as well as exterior in year round weather conditions
- Must have ability to work in tight spaces while kneeling and crouched positions
- Must be able to perform basic soldering, harness fabrication and installation without assistance
- Ability to design and integrate avionics systems and electrical systems and development schematics
- Experience using common ramp test equipment such as ATC, NAV, TCAS, Pilot Static test sets etc.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma and 3+ years of prior relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline desired but not required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license
- Must read, write, speak and understand English
- Must be able to meet all CRC deployment and medical requirements
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain an active DOD security clearance at the SECRET level, or higher
- FCC License
- Must be able to perform to FAA standards in an AS9100 certified facility
- FAA A&P License
- Inspector Authorization
- Experience in General Aviation, Garmin, Rockwell Collins, Honeywell and others
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with virtualized environments, multi-level security solutions, and cross domain solutions
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
11951 Freedom Drive
Reston, Virginia 20190 USA
Leidos is a full-service provider of “tail-to-tip” aviation solutions. We conduct full life cycle support to include processing, integration, procurement, modification and maintenance of aircraft, in addition to employing top tier ISR Pilots.
Comprehensive health coverage, health and wellness programs, and on-site fitness options (at some locations) are designed to keep you and your family healthy.
To read more about our Benefits, visit our website:
Unlike many aircraft maintenance companies, Leidos has its own FAA Part 145 certificate, with extensive capabilities and over 800 authorized airframes including both fixed-wing and rotary aircraft.
King Air 300/350, DHC-8, CL-650 and Gulfstream
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|