To oversee the external lift loading and transport for the air-crane. Ensure all lift equipment is maintained and used in a safe manner and in accordance with company policies as defined.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with pilots and customer to ensure efficient utilization of the load carrying helicopter.
- Plans loads for helicopter transport.
- Assembles equipment and materials for transport.
- Maintains radio communication with pilots.
- Responsible for the maintenance and inspection of all rigging items below the aircraft cargo hook, which are used to lift and secure loads.
- Maintains log entries for material shipped and received.
- Coordinates operations with rig supervisor and customer.
- Supervises rigging/hooking crew during rig move operations.
- Advises pilots of any known hazards associated with the site or load.
- Ensures the area is kept clear of items which could become airborne in rotor wash.
- High School Diploma or equivalency, Valid Driver’s license.
- Must be able to communicate verbally in an accurately and professional way. Written documents must be clear and concise.
- Must have strong organization, communication, project management, and computer usage with Microsoft Office products.
- Preferred: Journeyman Rigger Certificate.
- Preferred: Tower Climbing & Lineman Certificate.
- Effective problem solving and communication skills.
- Job Offers will be contingent upon the selected candidate successfully passing a job required medical exam and a willingness to submit to associated vaccinations.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as directed and drive company vehicles or rental vehicles as directed.
- Valid passport (or ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment).
- Safety and Work Environment – Identifies hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and takes appropriate action to maintain a safe and productive work environment for self and others. Follows Guiding Principle “Be Safe”.
- Effective Communication – Actively listens to others. Communicates with others clearly, openly, and respectfully. Uses all forms of communication effectively and appropriately (includes email, text, IM).
- Teamwork – Works with and supports others to achieve organizational goals. Meets individual and team deadlines and responsibilities. Assumes additional responsibilities when needed. Responds constructively to instructions and procedures. Listens to others and values opinions and is respectful of team members and other Erickson employees. Works effectively with team leader or manager and promotes a positive team environment.
- Accountable to Achieving Commitments – Achieves commitments to both internal and external customers. Produces high quality work by being attentive to detail and maintaining accuracy. Works in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner to meet all schedules and timelines. Anticipates potential problems. Finds the root cause of problems and takes appropriate action. Makes continuous improvement to processes and results.
- Adaptability to Change – Understands, accepts, and supports the need for business change and helping others with transitions. Adapts and adjusts to change within own area of responsibility as well as accepting the need for change more broadly. Actively identifies and leads change within area of responsibility.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, inquiry or discussion about compensation, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|