[Akima looks to be a recruiting agency. /Admin]
Helicopter Mechanic 1
Akima Logistics Services (ALS) provides the full spectrum of logistics services, ranging from performance-based and integrated logistics services (PBL & ILS), sustainment planning, material management, warehousing, and distribution to vehicle and equipment maintenance including legacy aircraft maintenance, sustainment, and transition support. ALS is also a major provider of role-player and foreign language speaking training support at U.S. Army installations across the nation. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to safety, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our 14,300 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
ALS, LLC is looking to hire an Aircraft Mechanic with Sheet Metal experience to join our team supporting one of our current customers. ATS employs highly skilled and competent Aircraft Mechanics who possess the level of experience, knowledge, and qualifications in the areas of rotary wing and H-1 maintenance to skillfully supervise and perform helicopter maintenance IAW all requirements of the Statement of Work (SOW). ATS Aircraft Mechanics must be able to perform the duties of a lead mechanic in their absence.
- Minimum of six (6) years of aircraft maintenance experience.
- Must be a member of or willing to join local IAM union
- Preferred experience with avionics and/or aircraft electrical system maintenence
- Must of a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must possess or able to obtain a military training certificate on aircraft maintenance or an FAA Airframe and Power plant license.
- Assign jobs, job control numbers either manually or through the MIS and start and completion times for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of aircraft.
- Ensures all maintenance actions are documented IAW Air Force TO’s and correctly entered into the MIS.
- Coordinates specific aircraft configurations so that maintenance events occur according to flight schedule. Update operational data during the course of daily operations.
- Immediately notify maintenance personnel of any decisions to delay, divert, or cancel flights.
- Must be able to read, legibly write, speak and understand English.
- Must have valid Drivers License.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessar y. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Maintenance & Repair
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Defense & Space
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|