Apache Aircrew Instructor
Middle Wallop, England, United Kingdom
Boeing Defence United Kingdom (BDUK) Ltd will provide the Long Term Training and Support Service (LTTSS) for the Apache E-Model. In order to support this new capability, the Flight Operations team are seeking CFS Trained Apache Qualified Helicopter Instructors to assist in developing aircrew training materials and courseware, by providing technical Subject Matter Expertise to the Courseware Design and Development The individual will then go on to an aircrew instructional role in the Apache E-model programme.
In This Role You Will
- Develop and conduct familiarisation, qualification, standardisation flights and ground instruction.
- Perform mission-specific training for aircrew.
- Contribute to the development of aircrew instruction philosophy, evaluation criteria and approach for standardising training materials.
- Establishe qualification training standards and validation plans.
- Participate in flight test activities in support of maintenance programs.
The AH-64E Aircrew Instructor Is Responsible For
- Gathering data and providing technical advice and support to the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of technical training.
- Providing Aircrew technical Subject Matter Expertise to the Courseware Design and Development team.
- Ensuring technical accuracy, completeness and quality of training products.
- Providing consultation to the Training business unit on aircraft technical issues, technology and best training solutions.
- Interfacing with other key stakeholders around the business to provide aircraft technical Subject Matter Expertise and to recommend solutions.
- Perform the Instructional duties as aircraft captain.
- Plans and conducts delivery, ferry, support tests flights and functional check flights as aircraft captain and/or co-pilot.
- Perform the duties of a Flight Authoriser, including when operating without any on-site superior.
- Identify risks, issues and opportunities and support the development of mitigation plans.
- Support the further development and maintenance of safety process.
- Perform duties which may include:
- a. Boeing on-site Flight Safety Officer.
- b. Flight Operations support and coordination of aircrew related resources.
- c. Support Boeing flight operations in the instructional and maintenance domains
Some UK travel is expected to support course delivery.
- UK Central Flying School Qualified Helicopter Instructor with relevant experience on the UK Apache MK1 and/or Apache E-model.
- Be fully aware of general aviation principles and have detailed experience of flying in the UK.
- Must possess an EASA or FAA Commercial Pilot’s License (or equivalent), or hold a military pilot’s flying brevet from a NATO country.
- Must be able to pass an EASA Class 1 and UK military aviation medical.
- Able to identify when safety within the flying environment may be compromised and can be relied upon to act decisively to improve aviation safety.
- The role will have significant UK MoD and wider Boeing interface and therefore a person who is diplomatic whilst being strong minded is required.
- Detailed technical knowledge of the Apache helicopter. The candidate would benefit from experience on other rotorcraft / fixed wing aircraft. Experience delivering Apache Conversion To Role (CTR) training would be beneficial.
- Additional instructional qualifications, IRE, electronic warfare and weapons qualifications are beneficial.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan work, conduct it and maintain an auditable log. Able to effectively execute and seek opportunities to improve strategies, processes and project plans. Assist with removal of obstacles by identifying where help is needed and coordinating with the appropriate leaders and team members.
- Training or experience in Training Needs Analysis and Course Design. Preferably a minimum training qualification of United Kingdom (UK) Ministry of Defence (MoD) Defence Trainer with a sound understanding of the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) and modern training systems
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|