Pilot RW IP WASS – Afghanistan
Worldwide Aviation Support Services •
Afghanistan, International Afghanistan, International, International
Plan flight assignments and obtain information regarding purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures and special instructions. Prepare or supervise preparation of flight plans, considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, range, weight, cruise data, airport facilities and navigational aids. Responsible for conducting Rotary Wing (RW) crew member training and evaluations, standardization administration, i.e. flight records, AWIS, publications and references. Monitors flight instruction to include aircraft transition training, annual proficiency reviews, and flight evaluations. This position is located OCONUS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Manage, supervise, schedule and direct training of crew members in order to safely and effectively provide aviation support services to the Department of State in OCONUS locations.
– Conduct academic and flight training and administer evaluations to ensure crew member proficiency and standardization of training.
– Train and qualify crew members to fly both single and multi-ship day/night/NVG missions, primarily under Visual Meteorological Conditions.
– Develop individual flight training plans in support of the organizations mission and ATP.
– Participate in the selection and training of new INL/A Program crew members. – Ensure that all training, operations, activities, and actions, are conducted to INL/A Standardization, Maintenance, Training, and Safety standards IAW applicable Directives, Manuals and Technical Orders.
– Monitor crew member proficiency in all phases of mission planning and flight operations to ensure compliance with policies and directives.
– Oversee maintenance of crew member flight records, weight and balance calculations, and risk assessments.
– Maintain flight records, Air Wing Information System (AWIS) records, reports, publications and references.
– Maintain knowledge of additions and changes to all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and documentation integral to contract operations. – Maintaining NVG currency and instrument proficiency.
– Perform duties as Pilot, Pilot-in-Command, Instructor Pilot, Air Mission Commander, and/or Flight Lead.
– Perform routine CONUS and OCONUS travel as required.
– Position requires US Secret Security Clearance
– Perform other aviation duties as assigned.
– High School Diploma or equivalent – FAA Commercial and Instrument Airman Certificate Rotorcraft Helicopter.
– FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit.
– Host nation language proficiency per contract requirement
– LATAM countries: Spanish Level 2 in both Listening and Reading (L2/R2).
– FAA ATP Certificate
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
– 1,500 total rotary wing flight hours including 500 hours of turbine engine time.
– Night Vision Goggle (NVG) qualified and 300 hours of NVG experience.
– 200 hours of turbine instructor pilot or check pilot time.
– FAA CFI/CFII Certificate or military equivalent
– Current FAA Class II Medical Certificate.
– Strong English speaking and written communication skill.
– Combat experience and previous exposure to operations in Iraq or Afghanistan highly desired.
– Previous experience with the M-4, M-9 and Glock-19 desired.
– Prior US Military IP/SP qualified pilot and/or support on the DoS INL/A program.
– Prior US Military MP/ME qualified pilot and/or support on the DoS INL/A program.
– Qualification in the applicable aircraft; UH-1, CH-46 or UH-60.
– Current DoS Secret security clearance.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
Worldwide Aviation Support Services
1 AAR Way
Rockledge, Florida 32955 USA
AAR is an exceptional team of professionals providing global, world-class expeditionary and conventional aviation solutions to the US Department of Defense, other US and foreign government agencies, and commercial customers.
We operate a…
We provide a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Benefits vary by position, location and business, and may include:
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401(k) Plan
- Company-paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Days
CASA, MD Helicopters Inc, M7 Aerospace LP, Eurocopter France, Cessna Aircraft, Sikorsky Company, Bell Helicopter Textron, Bombardier
C212, C235, MD530FF, Metro 23, C208B, Bell 412, Dash 8, UH1
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|