Qualified Helicopter Instructor (RAF Valley)
Ascent Flight Training
Holyhead, Wales, United Kingdom
Location: RAF Valley
As a Qualified Helicopter Instructor (QHI) within the Rotary Wing (RW) Programme you will play a key role in the service delivery of helicopter training as part of the overall UK Military Flying System (UKMFTS) Programme. Delivery is from purpose built facilities at RAF Valley.
Come and be part of the future of Military Flying Training.
- Uphold partnering behaviours and participate in events as required, resulting in successful partnering relationships internally within Ascent and externally across UKMFTS.
- Uphold adherence to the Health, Safety & Environmental Polices and Air Safety responsibilities, resulting in no avoidable loss of life or injury to first, second or third parties as a result of any aspect of Ascent Flight Training Aviation or Ground Operations.
- Deliver phase briefs, technical lessons, and practical demonstrations, synthetic and airborne sorties. All lessons must be delivered in the standardised format using Ascent courseware.
- Syllabus sorties should be graded, sortie report forms and end of course documentation should be completed. Assessments should be made in accordance with the ASTRAT and end of course documentation should be completed in line with the Training Manager’s
- Development of new lessons and maintenance of established lessons.
- Assist the Senior Maritime Instructor with other tasks to support Ascent business continuity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Medical Fitness to conduct the role, either Civilian Class 1 or Mil PME with STASS certification.
- Qualified Helicopter Instructor with a minimum CFS accredited B2 instructional category.
- Minimum of 1000 hours RW first pilot.
- Military Instrument Rating.
- Experience of flying in the Maritime environment.
- Computer fluency to include Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and Explorer.
- Instructional category of A2/A1 QHI
- Instructional experience including but not limited to
- Night Vision Device training
- Tactical training
- Under-slung Load training
- Procedural Instrument Flying
- Instructional experience of ab-initio training
- Experience in RW synthetic training
- Qualified Helicopter Tactics Instructor (QHTI).
In return, we will provide you with a generous benefits package. This includes 25 days annual leave with the option to purchase more through salary sacrifice, a Defined Contribution Pension plan with 6% contributions matched by the company, access to a range of flexible benefits, an Employee Assistance Programme, and Private Medical Insurance with BUPA for you and your family
Weekday working with 2 weeks block leave at Christmas.
One Ascent Team
Ability and evidence of being a role model of Ascent values:
- Hours not days; days not weeks
- Giving the best possible answer every time
- Listening to everyone’s views
- Professional & supportive to all our partners and colleagues
- Total Safety: Air Safety, HSSE & Airworthiness
- Immediate escalation of issues
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence Security requirements and may be required to complete a Military Security Clearance (SC) procedure.
Conflicts of Interest
In order to discharge Ascent’s primary UKMFTS duty to the MOD to identify and avoid or mitigate conflicts of interest in conjunction with our activities as MOD’s Training Service Partner, Ascent must ensure that no employee or secondee working for Ascent is materially restricted by any conflict of interest when carrying out duties and functions on its behalf. Therefore, candidates who are currently working for or have been employed during the previous 2 years by organisations such as MOD, Babcock, Lockheed Martin or any related group entity or any organisation bidding into the UKMFTS contract should note that Ascent reserves the right to request further information in relation to that candidate’s current or previous employment history and/or take other appropriate steps to ensure Ascent’s full compliance with its primary obligation. Any concerns you have should be discussed with the Ascent HR representative prior to submitting of a Curriculum Vitae.
In order to operate the Ascent Flight Training recruitment system, we will collect and store the personal information that you submit. Please read the following privacy statement to understand how Ascent Flight Training uses and protects the information you provide.
Aviation & Aerospace
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|