MRO Quality Control Inspector
Job Category: Shop Mechanics
Requisition Number: MROQU01487
Posted: October 1, 2020
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a subject matter expert, works closely with all Quality and Shop Operations employees to provide recommendations, information, training and mentoring regarding matters pertaining to regulations, policies, plans, objectives, and actions to preserve the integrity of the Production, Repair Station Certificates and Air Carrier Certificates including inspection, processes, and issue identification and resolutions.
- Works closely with Hangar Ops, Operator Quality, Production Control, and External MRO to ensure maintenance and repair work are performed in accordance with applicable customer requirements, company policy and regulatory agencies. Activities include, but are not limited to auditing maintenance work record documentation to ensure accuracy to work scope, defined process and applicable regulations; auditing and updating specific aircraft records to verify work performed; and certifying maintenance and airworthiness release on aircraft, engines, and articles.
- Maintains the credibility of the Quality system by making sound decisions that are supported by the MRO Quality Control Manager; provides solution oriented assistance to other teams and employees; and provides mentoring and training of Final Inspection candidates and other repair station personnel.
- Certify that the maintenance and airworthiness release on aircraft, engines and aircraft articles has been performed per customer and FAA certificate requirements. This is the final inspection.
- Supports the Quality department by developing the scope, schedule, plans and audits the Quality system by applying knowledge of FAA regulations, Columbia Helicopters Quality Management System, ISO9000 and AS9100/AS9110.
- Performs preliminary, receiving, as authorized, in-process and final aircraft articles inspections to identify hidden damage, non-conformance and ensure: work performed meets quality and airworthiness standards and that the work has been accomplished in accordance with the appropriate data, defined processes, and applicable regulations.
- Throughout all activities the incumbent uses the proper problem solving techniques to address issues, suggests changes and improvements or updates to procedures related to inspection processes and the quality management system.
- Conduct oneself in accordance with Company’s Core Values
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent with 3+ years commercial rotorcraft maintenance experience required; CH-47 maintenance experience highly preferred.
- Additional experience in component overhaul and previous training and experience performing detailed inspection functions preferred.
- Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license preferred
- Meets requirements of (CFR 14, 145.155); appropriately certified per (CFR 14, 65.71)
- Must have or the ability to obtain maintenance release as applicable and MRO inspection authorizations as necessary
- Thorough knowledge and ability to apply knowledge of quality systems such as, International Organization for Standardization (ISO9001), Aerospace Standard (AS9100/AS9110), FAA regulations (14 CFR’s 21, 27, 39, 43, 91, 129, 133, 135, 145), and Columbia Helicopters Quality Management System (QMS) is required for internal applicants. 14 CFR emphasis on Parts 21, 27, 39, 43, 65, 91, 129, 133, 135, and 145
- Systems experience and understanding of the Columbia 107, Columbia 234 and like military aircraft is preferred
- Ability to collect, organize, synthesize and analyze data; prepare metrics summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources including, but not limited to federal regulations, company policy and customer requirements
- Ability to read, interpret and apply various technical data such as prints, specifications, aircraft manuals, use specialized inspection and hand tools
- Training and experience utilizing Lean methods in a production environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, create focus in areas of poor scope definition or where there are issues, and be solution oriented but committed to consistency and process
- Ability to work under minimal direction while keeping within the limitations of designated authorities and abilities while frequently exercising regular use of good judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to be able present information, concepts and proposals with a wide range of audiences at all levels, technical or non-technical individuals both internal and external to the company
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn and use other applications including Adobe Acrobat
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|