Helicopter Pilot – Agriculture
Wilbur Ellis •
King City, California, USA
Do you have experience flying a Bell 47 helicopter? Do you have experience in the application of plant protection, seed, and nutrition products in Ag crops? Do you have experience with Turbine and Herbicide? If you said yes to all of these questions, we’d like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The pilot/aerial application role is responsible for the safe operation a rotary wing aircraft in the application of plant protection, nutrition products on agricultural crops. Pilots should have an understanding of plant protection, chemistries, and fertilizer. Pilots need to have open and positive communication with their supervisor, agronomists, coworkers and the grower or customer. Process work orders against scheduled dates and time, properly complete the necessary paperwork (application records, shipping papers, driver daily report, and all info on work orders).
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Comply with FAA Regulations
- Current U.S. commercial pilot certificate
- Current agricultural aircraft operator certificate or able to obtain – state-specific
- Observe airport traffic patterns, air traffic area and control zones.
- Accurately locate the application site.
- Lift containers weighing up to 80 lbs.
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Requires excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills (verbal, written and utilizing all media (phone, e-mail, text) for interaction with customers and fellow employees including the ability to maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork.
- Dependable with strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail along with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret written procedures and reports. Ability to learn detailed and specific procedures and processes and execute them accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios to practical applications.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently.
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Proper application of plant protection products.
- Properly handle and store all chemical containers.
- Comply with label requirements and restrictions for the aerial application of pesticides.
- Process work orders against scheduled dates and time.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
- Follow all Wilbur-Ellis Company safety rules.
- Check each field for in-flight hazards (towers, power lines, wires, irrigation pipes and vent pipes) before each application begins.
- Ensure any equipment deficiencies have been addressed and reported to the manager.
- Participate in blood testing and/or alcohol testing when scheduled.
- Assist with maintenance and other duties as needed at the facility.
- Maintain and care for aircraft according to generally- accepted maintenance practices.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); Pension Plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
345 California Street, 27th Floor
San Francisco, California 94104 USA
Family owned since 1921, Wilbur-Ellis is a leading international marketer and distributor of agricultural products, animal nutrition and specialty chemicals and ingredients.
Since the beginning, Wilbur-Ellis has prided itself on looking forward….
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|