Assistant Chief Pilot – DTN-SHV-LA
Metro Aviation, Inc. •
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
Metro Aviation is seeking 3 Assistant Chief Pilots to be based at Metro headquarters in Shreveport, LA.
We are driven by a safety culture and demonstrate that commitment to safety by providing our pilots with industry-leading training and modern, well-equipped aircraft.
We are seeking aviation professionals that share our passion for safety and excellence in operations.
This position is a full-time career opportunity, with a 5 shift on / 2 day off work schedule.
- Schedule and coordinate training for respective airframes
- Check Airman duties as needed within the training department
- Assist standards on training manual/maneuvers manual updates
- Records review and audits
- serve as the primary point of contact with aviation leadership in the field as it relates to pilot training schedules and required resources for aviation training tasks
- Coordinate with Regional Managers (maintenance and aviation)(RMM, RAM), Aviation Site Managers (ASM), Lead Pilots and the Pilot Training Coordinator in his/her assigned area to ensure training events are completed as required
- Develop yearly, monthly and weekly training schedules that effectively utilize all required resources to include aircraft, simulators and training personnel
- Coordinate with Regional Managers (maintenance and aviation), Aviation Site Managers and Lead Pilots to ensure that aircraft maintenance event will have minimal impact on the aviation training schedule
- Assist the Metro Pilot Training Coordinator in scheduling simulator training with outside vendors
- Audit training records that are submitted to the Pilot Records department; ensuring these records (submitted by Check Airmen and Instructors) are submitted in a timely and accurate manner
- Conduct aviation training in accordance with the MAI Approved Training Program as appropriate to the aircraft and operations he/she is qualified for
- Conduct classroom instruction as required
- Operate aviation simulators and Flight Training Devices as required
- Submit required reports as directed
- Other duties as assigned
- Works to coordinate with RAM, ASM, lead pilot and the Pilot Training Coordinator to ensure that all pilots complete their required initial, transition, differences, re-qualification and recurrent aviation training
- Assists with pilot recruiting activities as directed
- Supports the Training Department as directed
- Direct supervisor of assigned Check Airman
- Monitor the schedules of the Check Airman and Instructors to ensure efficient and appropriate utilization of the Check Airman and Instructors
- Current FAA Medical Certificate (2nd Class or higher)
- FAA Certificate (Commercial Pilot with Instrument Rating) *ATP preferred
- Bachelors degree in aviation or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience as a pilot-in-command in Part 135 operations
- Previous experience as a Part 135 instructor or check airman preferred
- Previous experience in Helicopter Air Ambulance operations preferred
- Experience with all Microsoft Office applications preferred
- Experience with Google Suite preferred
Activities require a moderate amount of standing, sitting and walking. Ability to conduct activities requiring a moderate to a rigorous amount of static pushing, pulling, reaching and lifting. Capable of lifting 75 lbs floor to bench height. Ability to hear routine aircraft noises. Maintains a “duty” weight (bodyweight + uniform/equipment helmet not included) for Rotor Wing (Helicopter) operations. Must be able to wear a commercially available respirator mask with proper fit when requested. Requires close and distant visual capability (Class 2 Aviation Medical). Periodic hands to key ability (typing).
Metro Aviation is committed to employees, customers, and community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures which foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
Metro Aviation, Inc.
P.O. Box 7008
Shreveport, Louisiana 71137 USA
Few companies can provide the many services, dedication, stability and excellence that Metro Aviation offers when it comes to owning and operating aircraft. Metro Aviation currently operates more than 140 aircraft for more than 36 programs in 18 states…
Metro Aviation offers an exceptional benefit package inclusive of: 100% Company paid Medical/Dental premiums, Vision, Prescription Drug Plan, Basic Life & AD&D and Short Term Disability. A sick time allotment and vacation allotment is also given. 7 Paid holidays, an Employee Development program consisting of college tuition reimbursement for qualified courses and a company sponsored 401K with a 75% match on up to 7% of an employee’s gross salary.
Bell, Airbus, Pilatus, Beechcraft, Cessna Citation.
B407GX, EC130B4, AS350B2, AS350B3, BK117B1, BK117B2, BK117C1, BK117C2, BK117C2e, EC135 Series, EC135 w/Helionix, EC145 Series, EC145e, PC12-45, PC12-47, BE90, B200, C560 and LR75.
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|