Qualified Helicopter Instructor
Ascent Flight Training
Shawbury, England, United Kingdom
Location: RAF Shawbury
As a Qualified Helicopter Instructor (QHI) within the Rotary Wing (RW) Programme you will play a key role in the service delivery of helicopter training as part of the overall UK Military Flying System (UKMFTS) Programme. Delivery is from purpose built facilities at RAF Shawbury.
Come and be part of the future of Military Flying Training.
- Instruct the RW syllabus on the Airbus H135 Juno and/or H145 Jupiter, high performance twin engine helicopters with full glass cockpits. The RW syllabus comprises of general handling, procedural instrument flying, low-level flying, formation flying, NVD training, operating in confined spaces and with underslung loads
- Deliver training in purpose built facilities using modern training disciplines in a synthetic environment that includes full-visual simulation. The delivery of phase briefs and technical lessons including practical demonstrations will also be part of your duties. You may also be required to support periodic tactical exercises.
- Achieve and maintain a Military Instructor Category from the Central Flying School (CFS (H) – who expect only the highest of standards.
- Embrace innovation and continually suggest improvements.
- Work effectively within a diverse team of Military, Ascent & associated contractor staffs, demonstrating partnering behaviours and upholding the Ascent Values
- Uphold adherence to the Health, Safety & Environmental Polices and Air Safety responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Previous military experience as a Qualified Helicopter Instructor*
- Minimum of 1000 hours RW first pilot
· Class 1 aircrew medical or military equivalent
- Computer fluency to include Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and Explorer
*For former Military QSPs, based on your experience (i.e. QHTI, Squadron/Local Training Captain) we may be able to offer initial qualification as a QHI with CFS(H).
- At least B1 QHI or equivalent civilian qualification (TRI) with 250 hrs instruction
- Military Instrument rating or equivalent civilian qualification
- Previous instructional experience including but not limited to:
- Night Vision Device training
- Tactical training
- Under-slung Load training
- Procedural Instrument Flying
- Previous instructional experience of ab-initio training
- Qualified Helicopter Tactics Instructor (QHTI)
- Previous experience in RW synthetic training
- Current Aviation Medical (Civilian Class 1 or Mil PME)
In return, we will provide you with a generous benefits package. This includes 25 days annual leave with the option to purchase more through salary sacrifice, a Defined Contribution Pension plan with 6% contributions matched by the company, access to a range of flexible benefits, an Employee Assistance Programme, and Private Medical Insurance with BUPA for you and your family
Weekday working with 2 weeks block leave at Christmas.
Aviation & Aerospace
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|