UH-60 S-70 Black Hawk Pilot in Command
Firehawk/Brainerd Helicopters, Inc. •
Leesburg, Florida, USA
Firehawk Helicopters has been operating the S-70/UH-60 for over 25 years. Our mission spectrum includes fire suppression (domestic and international), utility, powerline, R&D, aerial construction, emergency support and defense services. Firehawk
Helicopters base operations are Leesburg, FL and Boise, ID.
The UH-60/S-70 PIC is responsible to plan and execute flight assignments and obtain information regarding purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures and special instructions. Prepare or supervise preparation of flight plans, considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, range, weight,
cruise control data, airport facilities and navigational aids. This position requires
travel to field aircraft, the applicant can live anywhere in the lower 48 (within 90 minutes of an airport with 7 day a week service and within 3 hours of a Southwest Airlines serviced airport), but must have ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 180 days annually at 12-30 day intervals.
- Plan and execute flight assignments and obtain information regarding purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures
and special instructions.
- Ensure proper flight kit is aboard.
- Ensure that required airworthiness inspections have been accomplished and any previous discrepancies have been corrected or properly deferred in accordance with the MEL for that aircraft (as
- Comply with applicable Government, Contract required and FAA rules and regulations on maintenance and follow appropriate aircraft
technical data. As well as international
governing rules, ie. CASA.
- Supervise or accomplish the aircraft preflight inspection and preparation. – Ensure proper loading, distributing, and security of cargo and passengers. – Determine aircraft weight and balance
is within prescribed limits.
- Complete aircraft flight maintenance log, load manifest and discrepancy record form and ensure that a copy of each is delivered to
the Site Manager for filing upon the completion of each flight assignment.
- Supervise Field Support Crew.
- Retain final responsibility for the logging of aircraft flight time and the filing and closing of flight plans and preparation of
flight and duty time records.
- Responsible for passenger safety and assuring ramp
security is maintained while passengers are being boarded or disembarked.
- Perform accurate precision long line work.
- Perform Fire Suppression by means of tank and external bucket with at least 130 ft long line.
- Delegate functions to other direct reports, but retains overall responsibility. – Performs routine within CONUS travel as
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prior military pilot
- a U.S. security clearance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Focus on Results – Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is
accountable for own actions.
- Communications – Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to
others and retains/processes information.
- Teamwork – Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals
tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
- Strategic Planning & Decision-Making – Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines;
consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
- Initiative & Innovation – Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions &
input when faced with challenges.
- Interpersonal Relationships – Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a
- Quality & Safety – Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is
accurate, thorough & efficient.
- Continuous Improvement – Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes
successes & failures to learn and improve.
- Training & Development – Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to
coaching & feedback.
- Integrity – Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially
responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
- Performance Management – Sets clear expectations & direction for staff; achieves team results consistently; coaches staff to
improve; is a positive role model
- Expense Management – Plans budget appropriately, uses sound judgment; analyzes operation for improving expense efficiency;
demonstrates knowledge of financial process & results.
- Leadership – Builds commitment to team, company, mission & customer through effective & frequent communications; promotes an environment of trust; fosters a respectful, energetic &
positive work culture.
Brainerd Helicopters Inc/dba Firehawk Helicopters and all its’ affiliate companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)
Firehawk/Brainerd Helicopters, Inc.
8850 Airport RD
Leesburg, Florida 34788 USA
Brainerd/Firehawk Helicopters has been operating for over 45 years. Firehawk Helicopters is the World’s First Commercial Operator of the Black Hawk and has been operating the S70/UH-60 for over 20 years. We provide Helicopter Services to the Public…
Firehawk Helicopters offers Health Insurance, HSA benefits, 401K and profit sharing, Paid Time off, holiday pay, 12/12 schedules, Over time where applicable.
Sikorsky, Airbus, MD, Quest, Beechcraft, Piper, Cessna
Sikorsky S-70, BHI H60, AS-350B3 & B2, AS-355, MD 500, UH-60, BlackHawk, Quest Kodiak, Beechcraft King Air, Cessna 182
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|