- American Jet International
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
- 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid time off
Single Pilot IFR Helicopter Captain
Our motto, “We are Ladies and Gentlemen, serving Ladies and Gentlemen”, is evident in every interaction with our customers, co-workers, and teammates. We strive to find the best and brightest talent for each position within our organization, enabling the unique qualities of each individual to shine and compliment the entire team.
Single Pilot IFR Captain responsible for safe and efficient organ transport team and VIP charter flight operations. You will have the responsibility of making sound aviation decisions that facilitate our customers flight purposes.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs the Line Pilot role, as well as other tasks as assigned, to support the American Jet International’s flight operations.
- Completes preflight planning, preparation, and necessary paperwork.
- Conforms to normal, abnormal, and emergency operations.
- Communicates effectively to the Director of Operations, Chief Pilot, and additional crew members regarding flight activities.
- Maintains a professional manner with all customers and Million Air/American Jet International employees.
- Promotes and supports our Safety Programs
- Embraces and demonstrates promotional behaviors consistent with our organizational values and policies.
- Works as part of a team while on duty.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Commercial/Instrument Rotorcraft-Helicopter Required, ATP preferred
- Minimum of 2500 hours total time
- Minimum of 1500 hours R/W time PIC required
- Minimum 1000 R/W Turbine hours required
- Minimum 500 hours cross-country required
- Minimum 100 hours Actual/Simulated instrument time required
- Minimum 100 hours of nighttime required
- Must be able to hold a TSA or Airport-issued Air Operations Area (AOA) or Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) security badge.
- Must be able to meet Pilot- in- Command qualifications in the Bell 430 Helicopter.
- Multi-engine experience preferred.
- NVG experience preferred.
- Prior Part 135 and air medical experience preferred. Exceptions allowed for prior military personnel with an honorable discharge and civilian certificates.
- Prior Bell 430 experience preferred.
- Actual IFR experience required, SPIFR experience preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Availability to work weekends, holidays, and nights.
Reporting Relationship This position reports to the Chief Pilot
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work This is an exempt position. This position includes varying duty schedules which requires working evenings and weekends, and on scheduled company holidays. Scheduling flexibility a must
Licenses, Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions:
- Maintains FAA certificate with IFR currency
- Maintains all American Jet International required competencies and certifications
- Must be able to maintain a FAA Second Class Medical
- Position may require sitting for long periods of time in an aircraft cockpit or in an office environment
- Ability to operate aircraft and is exposed to motion, noise, vibration, jet fuel, and exhaust vapors, and extreme temperatures; Occasionally exposed to airborne pathogens, toxic or caustic chemicals
- Ability to lift at least 75 pounds using proper body mechanics
- Have a normal range of motion and dexterity
- Ability to climb in and out of aircraft and vehicles is required.
Million Air is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, Responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|