Helicopter Pilots – Fire and Flood Relief Operations Captain
- Competitive remuneration + salary packaging
- Bankstown or other Sydney base as required
CareFlight was founded in 1986 as an aeromedical charity with the mission to save lives, speed recovery and serve the community. Today, we deliver services nationally. Our critical care doctors, paramedics and nurses are specially trained in emergency and trauma, pre-hospital and remote medicine and we use helicopters, jet aircraft, turbo-prop planes and road vehicles to reach and treat patients wherever they are.
We run accredited training for clinical specialists; operate extensive aviation and logistic training for our employees and other organisations; run a range of free education and training programs in regional, rural and remote areas, and partner with emergency service organisations, defence forces and businesses to deliver our expertise.
We currently are looking for expressions of interest from experienced captains keen to explore potential opportunities in our fire and flood relief operations.
As a Pilot in Command, your key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- The operation and safety of the aircraft and persons onboard during fire and flood relief operations;
- Ensure operations are conducted in accordance with the company Operations Manual, Aircraft Flight Manual and all legislative requirements;
- Maintaining a high standard of procedural and regulatory knowledge;
- Demonstrating a high professional standard and compliance;
- Working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Maintaining effective communication with internal and external stakeholders, while you are representing the company;
- Ensure the use of all supplied personal protective equipment;
- Conscientiously carrying out secondary duties; and
- Actively participating in ground training programs.
Individual Essential and Desirable Criteria for this Position:
- Hold a current Australian Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) for rotary wing aircraft with appropriate ratings and endorsements to act as pilot-in-command
- Hold a current CASA Class 1 Medical
- 2000 hours PIC helicopter
- 300 hours PIC multi-engine helicopter
- 100 hours BK117 experience
- Night VFR Rating with more than 25 hours PIC
- Low Level Rating (H) with Sling Endorsement
- Aerial Application Rating with Fire (H) Endorsement
- Bucketing experience
- 50 hours minimum airborne fire operations experience
- Current HUET certificate
- Current Dangerous Goods Awareness Certificate
- The right to live and work in Australia
- Willingness to deploy at short notice for extended periods.
- Demonstrated experience working in small specialist teams;
- Demonstrated understanding of and competency with CRM, Risk Management and Safety Management Systems;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to take on non-flying related secondary duties; and
- Demonstrated systems competencies with Word, Excel, and iPad flight planning applications.
- Fire Awareness Training
- Fly in the Wire Environment Training
- AS350 experience with 100 hours on type
- Winch experience
- Night Vision Imaging System Rating
- Reside within 60 minutes’ drive from Bankstown Airport
How to apply
If you would like to be part of our team, you can apply using the link below. Please ensure you attach a current resume and covering letter that addresses the role’s essential criteria. Applications for this opportunity will close on Monday 14 December. For further information, please contact [See the source link below. /Admin]
CareFlight values diversity in the workplace.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
All employees must comply with CareFlight’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) as required
by CASA and may be subject to random workplace testing.
Criminal Record and Working with Children Checks also apply.
CareFlight: ‘The next life we save could be yours’
CV/RÉSUMÉ EDITING SERVICE
Apply for this job with a great CV/résumé.
Click for info and prices.
|Advertisement by Helikonsult|